Using an old Deck again

JoannaCrystal

Hey there everyone 😊

I have a question for you guys..

I've been doing my readings with the Gilded Tarot Deck, and i've been feeling that I want and need to learn more and i've been reading a book from Paul Quinn - Tarot for Life, and I'm feeling totally connected to it.. The meanings of the cards on his book are quite the same as mine, with only a few things different, but I actually feel that they are also right for me.. But, the Deck he is using is the Rider Waite Deck, which I also have the Deck! When I started the Tarot It was some sort of "oh, tarot cards.. Let me see how this works for me" I was about 18 years old! I opened the little book that came with the Deck (the deck wasn't mine), and played them to my old boss! It was nothing serious, but then, I was really surprised with all the cards because they were actually making sense!! So I went home and i've decided to buy a Deck.. That's when I bought my first Deck (Rider Waite)
So i've read the little book that comes inside and I started making readings for friends! But, I feel that time I hadn't even 30% of knowledge as I do now! And somehow I think that I used them wrongly! I've made readings in a lot of places, even in public bathrooms, and today I feel horrified that i've done it! But, the truth is that the cards truly talk with me and I have actually helped some friends with them!
Now (enough of this story, it's already too long sorry ahah), I feel like I want to work with that Deck again, but I have no idea if I should do something with them before I start.. Maybe clean their energy and sleep with them for a few nights? If so, how can I clean their energy?

Thank you guys for your time to read my story!

Much Light for all!!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Grizabella

I'd just suggest dealing the cards out into 4 piles and then putting the four stacks back together. That totally randomizes the cards. I think it's very important to make sure you're not going to draw the same cards again through not shuffling enough.

I don't cleanse my cards or anything like that. They're not dirty and are just a tool. They don't summon spirits or do magical things on their own volition, so that's not something I view as necessary.

Barleywine

I don't cleanse my cards or anything like that. They're not dirty and are just a tool. They don't summon spirits or do magical things on their own volition, so that's not something I view as necessary.

I agree, the cards are just a focusing device, the message and the magic come through you and your interpretive skill. If you do any preparatory "cleansing" or "clearing," apply it to yourself (I repeat a silent mantra before reading, basically the same one I use to clear my mind when I have insomnia). By the way, Griz, I'll be forever grateful to you for the randomizing technique, although I expanded it to seven stacks dealt out in an alternating sequence because I saw someone else doing it at a meeting. It works great!

AnemoneRosie

If you're someone who goes for ritual, a nice and quick one is to hold your deck in your left hand, knock on it three times with your right, and blow across it (the same way you'd blow someone a kiss across a room).

If you prefer a more elaborate ritual, you could pass your deck through a line of incense or candle smoke (if you're able to burn things where you are).

Personally I don't go for rituals, so I don't feel the need to do those things. I just re-randomize the deck again. Like you I was using my RWS as a teen, and then I put them down for a decade. When I went back to them they were still there, waiting for me. I took it from there.

Cocobird55

When I haven't used a deck in a long time, I usually put the cards in order again. Helps me to see them all.

RiverRunsDeep

When I haven't used a deck in a long time, I usually put the cards in order again. Helps me to see them all.

This is what I do as well. In truth, it doesn't matter whether I do this or not, except in my own mind. But it makes me feel that the deck has been reset, and that I am starting afresh.

JoannaCrystal

Thank you so much you all guys!!
I'm actually a ritual kind of person, so i'll do what you said here.. I'll shuffle the cards to 5 piles and then collect it randomly! It's actually what I do every time I finish a reading, but I just wanted to make sure that would be enough!
Once again, thanks a lot for your time guys!!
It helped me a lot!!

Much light for all

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk