Using Tarot To Storyboard Movies

Glass Owl

In this thread Cerulean spoke about an interesting Tarot exercise.

Cerulean said:
I use Secrets and Universal Fantasy and Ananda to 'storyboard' movies of high drama or fantasy.

So far: Secrets for Phantom of the Opera

Ananda for "Riddick" and "Serenity" and "Lady in the Water"

There's a few new movies...one called "Stardust" that will be out in December 2007 that I think the Universal Fantasy will be good to storyboard the movie.

Basically, the creative themes remind me of some of the pictures or mood portrayed; I do a layout; sometimes I do poetry or passage creative writing and the theme or ideas that come up are what appeals to me...could be colors, a phrase or two, a theme...

Just for fun and also to get 'the scene' out of my head to see why I liked it so much.

Regards,

Cerulean
This interesting technique of using the Tarot also reminds me of Nisaba's choosing cards consciously thread where she wrote about consciously selecting Tarot cards to "storyboard" an event in her life.

Has anyone else done something like this with a movie, tv show, or maybe a book? It seems like a cool way of reviewing of what you have watched or read but maybe it could be used for creative writing as well?

nisaba

Glass Owl said:
Has anyone else done something like this with a movie, tv show, or maybe a book? It seems like a cool way of reviewing of what you have watched or read but maybe it could be used for creative writing as well?
I believe that our very own Arwen Lynch, who writes and runs a Tarot blog, uses Tarot cards to storyboard some of her literature. I think it's a good idea, but on the occasions when I write, ideas are running away with me, there's no time to stop and pull cards <grin>.