Variations of CC.. What have you modified?

sacredashes

I found this thread and although it's months old, I thought it was interesting that readers have been modifying the CC spread to make it user-friendlier.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=71839

I myself dislike the 10 cards spread, too much information sometimes and well, different LWB name the positions differently so I started reading it my way. Pleased me no end to see others doing it too... doesn't feel like I've profaned some sacred Tarot code by modifying it to suit me. :D

The way I read my CC is :

*********************5********************
(What I am doing/showing)

****4****************1**2************6********** 7
(Past) (1= Present 2=Challenge) (Possible Future) (Advice)

*********************3********************
(What I am Hiding)

1 & 2 is normally what I focus my readings on, (1) Present situation & (2) What do I need to overcome before I can make progress? No changes here.

4 is what led the querent to this present situation (no changes here)

6 is where 4 and 1 is coming to but before 6 happens, I take a look at the challenge that is in the querent's way (2). In short, 4 1 6 represents Past (4) Present (1) and Future (6).

I tend to look for relationships between 3 and 5 for conflicts in the present. Example: What I am secretly doing (3) and what I am outwardly showing (5) so this line is where I normally look at for conflicts between thoughts or feelings (3) vs actions(5), self-defeating habits; especially if 6 shows a potentially unfavorable direction.

You know, clues like Am I hiding my disappointment/unhappiness in a relationship (3) while outwardly acting that everything is just peachy (5)?

I changed the 7th card to "What piece of advice would be most helpful to me at this time, to overcome my challenge (2)".

I've dropped 8 - 10 so my CC tends to focus on what I have done, what I'm doing and if I continue with this direction with no change, What will I create for myself? I like the idea of looking at what I've done to bring me here, what I can do to change this situation to the outcome I prefer, instead of feeling guilty over what cannot be changed (past), helpless over what seems inevitable (Future).

Anyone care to share your modified version of CC? Love to see what you guys have done to make your CC reading work for you. :)

Ash

mollymawk

Okay, I don't know if I can show it here, but I chopped off a good part of it. Six cards total, but card 6 doesn't get laid til the topping off.

--------------------5-----------------

----- 2 ------------1/6----------3-----

------------------- 4----------------

First card: Heart of the matter.

Second card: How the person is reacting to the situation.

Third card: How the outside world is reacting, partners, enemies, etc., close people

Fourth card: The root of the person or the root of the matter--home and hearth. Rooted patterns, old habits.

Fifth card: The outside world in the big sense, ramifications, strongest influences. The breakthrough.

Sixth card: Topping it all off.

2 - 1- 3 can be read astrologically, with the question as 1, the Ascendant as 2, and the Descendant as 3.

4 is the Nadir, and 5 is the Midheaven.

So you've got all kinds of scanning you can do--internal (left side of reading), external (right side of reading), plus the axes running horizontally and vertically.

6 can be a general outcome or advice card.

It's a lot more flexible than the CC, and pretty adaptable to anything. Plus if you know astrology and want to fill in the blanks, you can lay cards for the other houses--just do them in pairs.

If that makes any sense.

sacredashes

Interesting concept..

Yeah, I can see how this can work as well.. I'll give it a try to see how this variation turns out. :)

Interesting that you've used astrology withthis spread, using 4 and 5 to show what is influencing the querent internally and what is shown externally the way you'd find in a astrological birth chart.

I also like the Ascendent and Descendent concept, that can also be seen as the characteristics the querent has and the if these habits weakens the situation/querent in a reading.. depending on the cards of course.

Definately has the feel of a less complicated, more workable CC.. Thanks for sharing, mollyhawk. :)

Ash