Victorian Flower Oracle: Lilac

Jewel

Lilac: A Message
The card shows a beautiful lady dressed in a gown of lilacs and lilac leaves for a bodice standing on a river bank amongst wild lilac plants. On a grassy rock next to her stands a beetle talking to her. She can hear something and is trying hard to into where the sound is coming from and to make it out.

Emotionally I find this card very peaceful and soothing. Her emotions seem acute but relaxed.

A physical manifestation of this card is the stillness we can achieve as we try to listen for a sound and try to determine what it is and where it is coming from but not alarmed about it.

The mental characteristics of this card are of mental acuity and alertness. Attentiveness.

On a spiritual level this card is about listening to ones intuition and being in tune with our environment. Being one with the world inside and out.

I find everything about this card appealing really. It is really gorgeous. The rich colors, the beautiful gown, the water, and especially how the lady blends in so well, yet stands out in her environment.

What I find least appealing about this card is that Lady Lilac does not see the beetle. He seems to be trying very hard to her to see him and hear what he has to say.

This really is a lovely card. Until I got to the point of describing what I liked least about the card I really saw Lady Lilac as being totally in tune with her environment, yet now that I have focused on the beetle I see that she is not totally aware of him, but is very open to finding him. He is a message from an unlikely source. A source apart from the plants and water for her to gain useful insights and/or information. If she continues to listen carefully and follows her intuition she will find and hear him.

The companion book interpretation of this card focuses on Lady Lilac getting a message from the beetle, but focuses on her actually really hearing it and knowing who is delivering it. I agree in part but feel that it is more subtle and that it comes from an unexpected source. That is one does not look for it actively (which she is) one will miss it. Based on the flowing river I think the message will have an emotional impact on the receiver. It also represent processing the message intuitively as well as mentally, so the message will not be totally straight forward but will require some discernment.

I had not really noticed this card before but it really is lovely.

Barbaras Ahajusts

:) Couldn't have said it better, Jewel!

How many times have I gotten a message, a word & stared off in space to only try to rationalized what I have just heard? ;)

Intuition is beautiful, if we only let the right side of our brain run with it!

"Be still & know the truth."

Barbara