Video recorded readings

divinerofcards

Hey all,
I'm wondering who on the forum has experience with video taping their readings so we might exchange ideas...

Personally I suspend my Blackberry Playbook above a table and record that way. I use an old metal adjustable lamp arm with clamp, and then made a nest for the Playbook using heavy duty electrical wire which is suspended above the reading area... I could post a pic if someone else is interested - and I'd like to see pix of your own suspension units...

Anyone else have a better/other method?

Also, file compression advice would be appreciated as I fight with that every time I have to send the video file. I find the file size can get so large. It's the bane of my existence to have to deal with those - but I need to find a good way to cope as I find the querant deserves it.

~with gratitude~
Toni

tarotbear

With the price of thumbdrives going down all the time, you could include one in your reading price, record it directly onto a thumbdrive, and give it to the Querent to plug into their own device at will. NO need to deal with file sizes or types.

"Video Recorded Readings" ... OMYGODDESS! "Miss Cleo" just came to mind! LOL!!!!

divinerofcards

Ha ha ha well I'm certainly no Miss Cleo OMG LMAO... I've thought about even a CD since they are cheap, but I'm an instant gratification kind of gal and am thinking of a more immediate response. I'll keep it in mind tho, as it is viable...

Thanks!

JadoreHauteCouture

in what format are you reading video files in your PC? is it .mpg, .vod, .avi? depends on the format to know which is the best way to convert it... Also I assume since ur on American continent, the files are probably in NTSC format with resolution 720x480 pixels and 30 frames per second deinterlaced.... am I correct?

divinerofcards

in what format are you reading video files in your PC? is it .mpg, .vod, .avi? depends on the format to know which is the best way to convert it... Also I assume since ur on American continent, the files are probably in NTSC format with resolution 720x480 pixels and 30 frames per second deinterlaced.... am I correct?

Hello, Jadore
Thanks for your reply. The smallest file I can generate is a 3GPP file (11MB) at 15 fps with frame width 176 x 132 height, but that is for an iPhone.

I'm not very well versed in file types. A typical original is an MPEG4 40.4 MB - 480x320 at 29 fps.

What can I do with that?

JadoreHauteCouture

Hello, Jadore
Thanks for your reply. The smallest file I can generate is a 3GPP file (11MB) at 15 fps with frame width 176 x 132 height, but that is for an iPhone.

I'm not very well versed in file types. A typical original is an MPEG4 40.4 MB - 480x320 at 29 fps.

What can I do with that?

ok. so basically you are converting your files so that you can send them via internet? i think 40 mb is not that much since you can upload it fast on sites like mediafire and 10 mb u can even send via gmail. Another software you could use is Ipod Movie Converter, it turns videos into ipod format with good quality and small size.

Although, i also thought about another option. have you thought about uploading your videos on youtube? that way it would be very easily accessible, for many people to see (to attract some new customers maybe)... in case u wanna share video with only couple, there should be an option like that too...

was this any helpful?