vision quest partnership

Indigo Sulis

hi everybody!
my first time here'so help me out :)
any of you used this deck?
i have a lot of questions about it?
i'll start with the first one for now' hope i'll get some answers...
in the partnership spread i can chose to take 6 or 12 cards, is it my side of the story and his side of the story kind of thing???
i hope the question is clear enough
see you later :)

BeyondtheVeil

If you post this in the Tarot Deck thread/board then you should get some help. :)

Sulis

BeyondtheVeil said:
If you post this in the Tarot Deck thread/board then you should get some help. :)
She's asking about a spread so it's in the right place. I just don't think that many people seem to know or use this spread.

choirqueer

I thought it might help you get more responses if the spread you're talking about is posted in this thread. The spread can be found in the LWB of the Vision Quest deck, which I just happen to have sitting next to me right now, so I hope you don't mind my unsolicited attempt at being helpful by adding this to your thread. :)

The spread, as it appears in the LWB, is as follows:

1. Where do we stand in our relationship?
2. What is our spiritual connection?
3. What is our common goal?
4. What is our common task?
5. Where are our inner blocks?
6. What helps?

The book does not explain exactly how to use this spread.

My first instinct would be that the two lines of cards can represent the perspectives of each partner, so you might use the first line for your own view and the second line for the other person's.

However, based on the questions that are asked, they don't sound like questions that would really lend themselves well to having a different answer for each partner. I suppose you could still interpret them that way, and it still seems like the most obvious explanation for there being two lines of cards, but maybe there is another reason you'd want to use two lines of cards? Like, one line could be what you hope will happen and one line could be what is likely to actually happen? Or one line could represent the present and one line could represent some point in the future?

I'm not really sure, as I've never actually used this spread before. Personally, I would probably make some modifications to the spread if I were to use it, especially if I were trying the 12-card concept instead of the 6.

Rev_Vesta

Looking at this spread i got the feeling one way to read these cards would be to do line 1 and then line 2 but read coulumn down tying the 2 cards together ....
eg...... This is not an actual reading just an example of what the spread my look life...

1) Son of fire 2) Clown 3) Medicine Woman 4) Growth 5) Spiritual Warrior 6) Star
1) Grandfather 2) Change 3) Sun 4) Insecurity 5) ace of Air 6) Vision Quest.....

reading column 1 Son of f ire and Grandfather together.....
talks about a message of creative/ Spiritual energy of bringing forth caring but practical energy within.....
column 2 Clown and change
the changes we have within our new journey, new pathway, and healing within....
column 3 Medicine Woman and Sun
Remove all blocks to revealing the secrets and finding the sun shine on our journey.......
column 4 growth (three of earth) and Insecurity Five of Earth
For our personal growth within and to remove any insecurites we may be holding onto...

etc......... so you can see how it ties the two cards together within each column......

hope that helps and make sense....

Blessed Be!
Vesta

BeyondtheVeil

Sulis said:
She's asking about a spread so it's in the right place. I just don't think that many people seem to know or use this spread.
Oh.. I only saw this..

hi everybody!
my first time here'so help me out

I thought they were talking about the Vision Quest Tarot.

Sorrry about that! :)
BTV

choirqueer

BeyondtheVeil said:
Oh.. I only saw this..

hi everybody!
my first time here'so help me out

I thought they were talking about the Vision Quest Tarot.

Sorrry about that! :)
BTV

I think the confusion was just because the poster is asking specifically about the Vision Quest Tarot -- so you were correct to assume that -- and the specific question is about a spread which is in the book which comes with that deck, so someone would probably not know about the spread unless they owned the deck and the book that came with it. :)

BeyondtheVeil

Oliver Danni said:
I think the confusion was just because the poster is asking specifically about the Vision Quest Tarot -- so you were correct to assume that -- and the specific question is about a spread which is in the book which comes with that deck, so someone would probably not know about the spread unless they owned the deck and the book that came with it. :)

No, I don't have that deck. I just wanted to answer as there seemed to be a lot of "views" but no one responding. I didn't want OP to think they were being ignored. I just thought they would get more help in the deck section as I thought it was about the deck. lol I was only trying to help OP get their question answered. :heart:

I am glad that you guys knew what they needed and helped! This is such a great group! I always learn a lot and get any help when I need it.

Thanks again! :heart:
BTV

Indigo Sulis

well, thanx everybody!

i think i'll try your suggestions and then do what ever feels right.
loved to see your answers :)