Waiting

piledrivefinger

How long do you normally wait before asking the same question (or a very similar one) when you do a reading?

Alta

You have to allow the message time to work itself out and for you to understand. Depending on the circumstances of the reading, maybe a week or more. Some readings play out over months.

SarahRose

Depends on the question. A situation that changes often, I've done once a day. A slower situation - weekly, every couple weeks.

Anyankah

Once the situation has changed enough that it's not really the same question. For example "what can I do to make friends this semester?" is a different question if I've become more connected to a particular social circle or have gone from just needing to meet people to having some potential friends that I need to figure out what to do next with.

If there's a question that I've asked that I'm itching to do another reading on and it's too soon, then I'll ask about some aspect of it that the first reading didn't cover. Or if the first reading did cover all the aspects I was interested in, then I'll think more about what the first reading could have meant and try to make new connections.

Grizabella

Assuming you've written the reading down, you might take another deck and lay out the same cards you got in the first reading, then compare the cards in the two decks to see if you can get any further insight. Don't do another reading with the other deck, mind you, but just lay out the same cards with the new deck.

SunChariot

Until you have a logical reason to believe something has changed. You have to start by presuming the original answer you got was correct and took into account most ouside variables. We can change the future, but it is something that usually has to be done consciously and takes work. So if none of the other participants knew the contents of the reading, you can presume they acted as predicted.

The querent, on the other hand, who has seen the future, can change it. Sometimes just knowing the future changes our attitude towards it and that can change the future in and of itself.

So my answer to that is I would say you should wait until you see signs that something has changed. Let's say that the original question was about "X" who was treating you a certain way and what will that lead to in the future. And he has stopped treating you that way...Or to give it a time frame, probably at least two months, and not less than one.

To me that is what you should do, but when you're worried about something, I think we all have a hard time waiting to do a new reading and we need reassurance now. I'm sure most people have been guilty of doing another reading too soon at some point.

I know I just did that myself yesterday. I asked what my future was with someone, something I have been asking a lot lately (way too much!) and instead of answering directly the cards told me that I need to stop and examine why I do not trust what I am being told, why I do not trust in grace (that power) that always sends us what we need for things to work out for the best along with signs on how to achieve it)...

Bar