weird shuffling occurrances

shadowmon

Ok so ive read about others having the cards switch around on them etc when they leave them sitting or something for a bit, i thought no way how is that possible...well the strangest thing just happend..i was shuffling like i always do and i always cut the deck in 2 and i place the cut part to the right and place the remaining ontop of the right and do my spread....well this time i was shuffling and just as i lifted half the deck the 10 of wands popped over laying on the remaining deck while i was holding the top of the deck to place to the right i was thinking hmm well this card is basically right on the money for my question but i thought o well i'll put it back, so i placed it on the right side of my cut deck and i placed the remaining cards ONTOP there is no way in hell i didnt do this i am 100% sure so i do my reading and lay out my cards, and well there was the 10 of wands, but i am 100% sure i layed it in the middle..is it possible for the card to have switched uptop lmao that sounds crazy..but honestly the only way this could have happend was if i placed it ontop but im positive i didnt unless im crazy :|

Briar Rose

Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing if Tarot cards were something that could float in and out of dimensions and then that could be the reason for the cards being magical and having a mystic about them :heart:

I watched a few DVD's that explained how we, and objects do float out of this dimension. But where do they go? Scientist only conclude they have to go into another dimension. They are speaking on a sub-atomic level.

Maybe this has something to do with the cards.

canid

Welcome to my world. This kind of thing happens all the time & it's way cool. Something/one's tapping you on the shoulder. Or konking you over the head with a boulder. Pay attention & enjoy.

Rasa

To me, it's less important whether something happens by supernatural means, than just whether or not what has happened communicates a message which is useful.

Sometimes a card clearly has something to say, and then it's important to pay attention to it.

For me, if a card comes up more than once in a very short time period, it not only emphasizes that card, it means there may be more for me to learn from the card than my first interpretation allowed... so I should revisit it and see what else it is trying to say.

nisaba

shadowmon said:
...well the strangest thing just happend..as i lifted half the deck the 10 of wands popped over laying on the remaining deck... and well there was the 10 of wands, but i am 100% sure i layed it in the middle..is it possible for the card to have switched

Course it is!

A card will be where it's needed.

About seventeen years ago a friend of mine did a reading for me in my front yard, under a tree that's since been bulldozed (along with the rest of the house, sadly). He laid out quite a large spread. Early on, he was saying something and I asked a question about it, and he pulled the next card off the top of the remainder of the deck to answer my question. We both saw the card, discussed it for a while, then he slipped it back under the remainder of the deck, put it aside, and went on with the reading. Later on in the spread, there was that same card, face up, lying where he had put it when he first laid out the spread. Thing was, neither of us had *seen* it lying there, so in terms of quantum reality and Heisenberg's Principle, it was still free to appear when it was wanted, to answer that question of mine. Then when he shoved it back in the deck, it was free to become a part of the original spread again.

All perfectly scientific. (that particular friend/reader WAS a physicist, too).

Wendywu

My deck doesn't throw cards at me. It's very subtle in shouting LOOK AT THIS - NOW.

I don't read reversals. I always keep my cards the same way up ie. all the bottoms lie in one direction. I'm not exactly obsesssive about it but do check before shuffling - every time. Now, I can check all through the deck and they are all facing the same direction, and all in the same alignment. Then shuffle (always overhand, very gentle) and when I come to deal - some of those cards are the wrong way up.

This happens with decks I really really love - other decks meh - they stay the right way up ....

SunriseDesire

the darn 4 of wands fell out of my deck the other day. it's determined to continue to show up in my readings about a certain guy