What card is your car?

Teheuti

I'm just curious what card you use for your car or for cars in general? I've been told by others that Ship is a car, while Rider is a bicycle or motorcycle (or large animal). Rider is also running and walking (exercise).

Personally, I drive a very small car and mostly for local errands (except when driving to the airport) so my car is more like Rider than Ship.

What have you found?

Also, do you have any special combinations that go with car - like Rider+Scythe for punctured tires or an accident in general?

Ship+Stork can be air travel for me.

Asher

I'm just curious what card you use for your car or for cars in general? I've been told by others that Ship is a car, while Rider is a bicycle or motorcycle (or large animal)...Ship+Stork can be air travel for me.

I was taught that if it has a motor, it's Ship. But, I like the idea of Rider for bicycle/motorcycle, or even a small car used mostly for local/short distance driving. I will be on the lookout for the distinctions.

And yes, I use Ship + Stork for air travel, too. Another combination I have found is Anchor + Ship for reliable transportation.

flying black kat

Truck Is My Car

Very Interesting Thread, Thank You.

I don't drive a car. I am a truck person from the early 80's. I drive 4 door trucks. I am to tall and my knees are bad to make it comfortable for me to drive any distance without problems, not to mention getting in an out.

I also live on a property in the woods that makes a truck necessary.

What would you suggest the card or cards to be to mean truck?

Kathy

Teheuti

What would you suggest the card or cards to be to mean truck?
I assume it would also be Ship. This is the kind of situation where daily spreads can eventually clue you in to what works best for you. Generally, it helps to keep it simple.

flying black kat

Thank You

Mary:

I am enjoying these threads. The simplicity of the oracles over the tarot is refreshing.

It is also giving me new ideas on traditional meanings on tarot cards themselves.

Kathy

Nickigirl

I just wanted to add that in a daily draw I've had ship come up for my commute to work (by city bus).

kalliope

I haven't settled on a card for my car yet. I think I first learned that the Rider would be "personal transport," like your car or bike, and the Ship would be "mass transport" like buses, planes, trains, etc (and maybe even cars belonging to someone else). And I liked that. But I keep coming across examples of people using the Ship for their cars, so it's starting to stick in my head.

I don't read about my car often enough (nor have I had car issues come up in daily readings) to have figured it out for good, either...

One advantage of assigning all transport vehicles to the Ship is that is leaves the Rider freer to stand for news or a male person, which are the most common meanings for me. The Ship is already travel, transport, and journeys, so it doesn't compete much to add vehicles as an alternative meaning.

Elven

Love pairing meanings up - some thoughts...

I do take the ship to mean motor driven transport or something that will 'passenger' a person or item, but to be more specific I think of it in terms as big engines, and the propulsion system.
For example: Car, Van, Truck, Bus, Bulldozer, Ship, Plane, Spacecraft,
or their energy needs: Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG), Petrol, Diesel, Aviation/Space Fuel - turbines & propellers.
I leave the Horse & Rider card to its initial definition unless next to the ship - which I add as hasty, speeding or racing. Though I can see the bicycle analogy - maybe anything that is powered by legs :D

La Force

Love pairing meanings up - some thoughts...

I do take the ship to mean motor driven transport or something that will 'passenger' a person or item, but to be more specific I think of it in terms as big engines, and the propulsion system.
For example: Car, Van, Truck, Bus, Bulldozer, Ship, Plane, Spacecraft,
or their energy needs: Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG), Petrol, Diesel, Aviation/Space Fuel - turbines & propellers.
I leave the Horse & Rider card to its initial definition unless next to the ship - which I add as hasty, speeding or racing. Though I can see the bicycle analogy - maybe anything that is powered by legs :D

I agree, for me Horse, is either man powered, or horse powered, (legs), walking, running, bike riding, any thing that doesn't require an engine. I see ship as anything with a engine/motor powered by fuel. either car, truck, bus, heliocopter, airplane (with stork), trains (sky trains), semi-trucks, cranes, forklifts, bull dosers, dump trucks, etc

hope this helps some one

So my car is....The Rider card.....my legs..or my Horse......I walk everywhere....I don't own a car/vehicle