What I need to be aware of : 6 of Coins/5 of Wands

samantha

These two cards are part of a larger spread I did yesterday. I used The Golden Tarot.

I pulled these as what the other person would like me to be aware of in this situation (here the dynamic between the two of us.)

The 6 of coins suggests to me that they want me to know that they cannot give me as much as I might be hoping for. This could take the form of time, attention, material resources etc. On a practical level this could be true as we are both due to travel early next year so time is indeed limited. On an emotional level I'm less sure what this card might be saying, so perhaps emotions aren't the focus here, though it's possible that they do not want to have to *invest* too much that way either ?

I'm stuck with the next card, which I'm reading as a combined energy with the first, not a clarifier.

We do have our differences but are not really competitive with each other, although the
environment around us is definitely a competitive one ! However, as this is something I'm
already aware of it seems unlikely to be the message ?

All thoughts welcome.

nisaba

Perhaps they (or you) feel conflicted about sharing resources. There's the natural urge to say "I earned the money (or whatever) so it's mine" balanced against the friendly urge to say "what's mine is yours" (this can easily apply to gifts of their time and effort too). This sets up an inner conflict which might be represented by this card.

Also, there could be a warning about later hostilities about the degree of endebtedness.

willowfox

He can't give you what you want due to others being too close and noticing.

samantha

Perhaps they (or you) feel conflicted about sharing resources. There's the natural urge to say "I earned the money (or whatever) so it's mine" balanced against the friendly urge to say "what's mine is yours" (this can easily apply to gifts of their time and effort too). This sets up an inner conflict which might be represented by this card.

Also, there could be a warning about later hostilities about the degree of endebtedness.

Thanks for your thoughts. I can see there might indeed be some push/pull around both of us wanting to hang on to what we currently have (what we have "earned" as you say) but wanting to act in a more generous (and loving actually, so perhaps this is more feelings based than I first thought) way.

samantha

He can't give you what you want due to others being too close and noticing.

Ach Willowfox ! Ever to the heart of things :) I get it and you are absolutely right.

willowfox

Ach Willowfox ! Ever to the heart of things :) I get it and you are absolutely right.

Just wish I could find Bird as easily and quickly.