What is my love life going to be like in 2009?

misskatie

What is my love life going to be like in 2009? The saga begins!

:rolleyes:

Blind dates aside...which didn't happen by the way...but that's a whole OTHER story...

I just want to see a snapshot of my love life in the year 2009. So let's see what these cards have to say...

Hanson-Roberts for this one and then I am switching back to my Gilded I've decided. No reversals...I get confused enough right now! :)

****4****
**2*1*3**
****5****

Answer/1...6 of Cups...Hmm, I'm not surprised at this really...I think there is someone coming back into my life. Either that or a friend of mine will turn into something more.

Supports/2...Empress...Have a feeling this year will involve ME taking care of others in my love life. That is always the case!

Opposes/3...4 Rods...How can stability oppose me? Not liking this one bit! :laugh: Well, this could actually tie into me having some choices to make. Do I choose stability or instability? The reason behind this is the next card actually...

Harmony/4...8 Swords...I could probably have that stability in the 4 of Rods if I would just break out of my mode of thinking. That mode of thinking is that I won't ever have a successful, healthy relationship. It is holding me back.

Path/5...Hanged Man...Sacrifice. I will have to sacrifice my instability for something better. I'm pretty sure I will have to let someone go.

I've attached an image of this reading for the heck of it. Hope you can see it, my camera is terrible.

Thanks for any input.

mk

Attachments

• readingmk1.jpg
    readingmk1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 54
  • reading1.jpg
    reading1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 43
  • reading2.jpg
    reading2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 39
  • reading4.jpg
    reading4.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 41

Priestess

Misskatie

Have PMd you MissKatie.

misskatie

Priestess

Thank you!

rwcarter

I'll do a full interpretation when I get home tonight cause I'm at work right now (and waiting for a machine to boot up, so sneaking this in).

But right off, I think the 4R as opposes suggests your expectations about any relationship going along a certain/predefined path instead of letting it happen as it may. 8S as harmony suggests releasing the "victim" mentality of "I never seem to be able to keep a relationship," "the guys I like are never interested in me," "my friends have good relationships and I don't," etc.

BTW, thanks for including a pic of the reading. Helped me to be able to get a sense of the cards since I'm not familiar with them.

Rodney

misskatie

Looking forward to it, Rodney. I think you have hit some points already.

mk

rwcarter

misskatie said:
What is my love life going to be like in 2009?

Answer/1...6 of Cups
Unfortunately, I don't see a relationship in this card. :( I see friendship, camaraderie and possibly a "schoolgirl crush," but nothing says love relationship in the image.

misskatie said:
Supports/2...Empress
I think you were on the right track with your interpretation of this card. The Empress says to me that you will be spending 2009 nurturing and taking care of your friends. Just as a mother is often selfless, putting her child's needs before her own, I think you're going to be putting your friends' needs before your own this year. You may not like it, but you're still going to do it. ;)

misskatie said:
Opposes/3...4 Rods
rwcarter said:
I think the 4R as opposes suggests your expectations about any relationship going along a certain/predefined path instead of letting it happen as it may.
My original interpretation of this card was for what opposes the question you asked, not what opposes the answer given above in position 1. My interpretation of the Empress could work with either the question or the answer. So I need to provide an interpretation of this card as what opposes the answer. So, what opposes you not being in a relationship is the same as what supports you being in a relationship, right? Well, this card indicates that you're in love with love. I see you as being the girl on the left. But it's the girl on the right who's getting married and you're checking the last minute details with her. Even though it's her wedding, you're reaching up to touch the flowers and thinking about how wonderful it's going to be when it's actually your wedding. So, what opposes you not being in a relationship in 2009? Your belief that it will be you in a relationship.

misskatie said:
Harmony/4...8 Swords
rwcarter said:
8S as harmony suggests releasing the "victim" mentality of "I never seem to be able to keep a relationship," "the guys I like are never interested in me," "my friends have good relationships and I don't," etc.
Again, my initial interpretation was in reference to the question, not to the answer, although it does bear some weight on the answer too. What brings harmony to the answer? Viewing your lack of a relationship as an opportunity instead of as a trial or an ordeal. Instead of fighting against your situation, use it as a time for reflection, for deciding who you are and who you want to be, for deciding what type of man is best for you, etc.

misskatie said:
Path/5...Hanged Man
As path toward your answer, the Hanged Man suggests that a change of perspective is in order. I actually think that the 6C, 8S and 4R are all positive cards in this spread and the Empress is the negative card, so I think that's the perspective you need to change.

(You know you can always expect the unconventional interpretations from me, right? :laugh:)

Rodney