what is the best deck for pathworking?

billythekid

Hello everyone,

I'm new to tarot and I'm quickly trying to order a new deck before christmas. But I don't know which one to buy. I'm not looking for a deck for reading. I'm looking for a deck for pathworking, astral projection or clairvoyance purposes. Would the radiant rider waite deck be suitable for this, or would I need another type, like the morgan greer? I also want one that is popular and has been used by many people..

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

thankyou

seedcake

If you want a deck which would be perfect for this kind of work, you should pick one which seems to be very close and personal. When I started Tarot almost two years ago, I bought many decks (I must admit, I'm a collector), but none were deep and personal enough. Not long time ago I found my deck niche for better spiritual development. So I'd say, find what is in your personal taste. And remember, the first deck can be not enough. I hope I wrote down my point. It is in 100% from my personal experience so it doesn't need to work like this with you. But it's good to keep it in mind :)

Zephyros

"Pathworking" can mean many things. Some define it as meditation with the cards, others define it as working with the paths of the Tree of Life. What are your aims?

billythekid

"Pathworking" can mean many things. Some define it as meditation with the cards, others define it as working with the paths of the Tree of Life. What are your aims?

I want to be able to step into and enter a card. I want to be able to experience the realm inside of one of the major arcanas, and then eventually use it to work on the paths on the tree of life. I just can't decide which deck to buy. Some decks have images that I find very evocative and mesmerising, but I am not sure if this deck is compatible with teachings in the western magickal tradition. i

I am looking for a deck that will allow me to use it kabbalistic purposes, or if that's not possible, then some type of skrying/astral projection. I definitely do not want to a deck for giving readings to people.

billythekid

If you want a deck which would be perfect for this kind of work, you should pick one which seems to be very close and personal. When I started Tarot almost two years ago, I bought many decks (I must admit, I'm a collector), but none were deep and personal enough. Not long time ago I found my deck niche for better spiritual development. So I'd say, find what is in your personal taste. And remember, the first deck can be not enough. I hope I wrote down my point. It is in 100% from my personal experience so it doesn't need to work like this with you. But it's good to keep it in mind :)

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to choose between three decks and I want one before christmas. These are my options:

1. Rider Waite - I hear this is the best and is loaded with symbolism, so i may choose this one, even though the artwork doesn't appeal to me that much. I'd probably prefer the Radiant version.

2. Morgan Greer - my personal favorite. I love the artwork on this but I hear that it is missing some crucial symbolism from the Waite deck. Symbolism is important. I am also wondering if this is a suitable deck for pathworking.

3. Golden Dawn Magical deck - This one is pricey and if I wont receive it before christmas, but if people highly recommend it for deeper purposes other than divination then I'll go for it. I just have to wait until the new year

decan

In my opinion the better deck for you will be the one with which you'll feel a strong personal connection.

Symbolism is important to consider but according to several points of view the meaning of a symbol won't be exactly the same.
The classical Rider-Waite could be too classical for you (with regard to your purposes).

If you are in a hurry to buy one of these 3 decks for Christmas, choose the one you'll be certain to love!
It will speak to you!