What is this deck? Scan coming tonight.

ncharge

My son manages the warehouse for a large thrift store and brings home interesting things. Late last night, he brought home a hard dark red box with no markings on it (except for the owner's collection stamp).

Inside is 56 cards, plain white, with one word or phrase on each card. The back of the deck is printed in red and white, with a lovely image of a woman.

The cards are old. The woman on the back is dressed in 9th century style (I think).

My thought before I saw them was flash cards, but with that decorative back and the types of phrases on the front, I don't think these are flash cards. Has anybody heard of decks like this?

misfitknits

well, i've never heard of or seen the deck you are asking about... but it sounds like a good find!! it's hard to say if they're flash cards- what are the phrases like?!?! that should tell you if they're flash cards or not. i mean, if they have strange words/ phrases or traditional oracle card titles, then that would tip you off!

did you have time to scan some samples yet? i think someone much more knowledgeable than myself would be more inclined to reply if they could see the cards! ;) so if you can post scans and some samples of the phrases on the cards, then perhaps we could have better luck finding out what they are and maybe where they're from!!

Jesii

I have no idea what you cards might be, but your first point of contact would be Gregory (mine always is) or, as misfitknits says, most up scans if you can, and everyone here will help you out!