What kind of relationship would this synastry chart imply?

LovelyMissAries

Here's the planetary aspects in a synastry chart between a Leo and Aries. I was wondering what kind of relationship would be formed based on this, and what would be the most problematic aspects based on your personal knowledge...***I don't want a detailed description of each one.... just the ones that are the most important, ones that would be good but are missing, or those that stand out to you. If I need to add anything please tell me.***

Birthdays:
Her: April 7th, 1989. Henderson, Nevada. 9:56 AM.
Him: August 6th, 1987, Milwaukee, WI, 12:00 am.

Moon in Taurus square Venus in Leo - 1 degree, 24.
Moon in Taurus trine Neptune in Capricorn - 4 degrees, 15
Moon in Taurus opposition Pluto in Scorpio - 2 degrees, 41
Sun in Aries trine Sun in Leo - 4 degrees, 37
Sun in Aries trine Mars in Leo - 1 degree, 35
Sun in Aries trine Saturn in Sagittarius - 3 degrees, 10
Sun in Aries trine Uranus in Sagittarius - 5 degrees, 9
Mercury in Aries trine Moon in Sagittarius - 6 degrees, 21
Mercury in Aries trine Mars in Leo - 1 degrees, 49
Mercury in Aries conjunction Jupiter in Aries - 8 degrees, 09
Venus in Aries trine Sun in Leo - 1 degree, 44
Venus in Aries trine Mars in Leo - 5 degree 19
Venus in Aries trine Saturn in Sagittarius - 0 degree, 53
Venus in Aries trine Uranus in Sagittarius - 3 degrees, 52
Mars in Gemini sextile Sun in Leo - 4 degree, 27
Mars in Gemini opposition Saturn in Sagittarius - 3 degrees, 30
Mars in Gemini opposition Uranus in Sagittarius - 2 degrees, 04
Pluto in Scorpio square Sun in Leo - 6 degrees, 15
Pluto in Scorpio square Venus in Leo - 5 degrees, 59
Pluto in Scorpio square Mars in Leo - 4 degrees, 55

Minderwiz

There's no need for all the planetary positions, simply supplying the natal details is all that's required - indeed without the House positions, the planets and signs are not of much use, as there's no indication of their relative importance in yours and his lives.

A preliminary question (and an observation)

You list his birth time as 12:00 am - I'm assuming here you mean 12 Noon (12:00 in 24h format) and not Midnight at the start of the day (00:00 in 24h format) - It might seem an obvious answer but I've been caught out before assuming things that aren't actually the case LOL, so I better check on the outset.

A Noon birth would give an Ascendant of 24Li35 (24 degrees 34 minutes of Libra).

I'll wait for you to confirm that before proceeding much further. The observation is that a Noon (or Midnight) time of birth, usually suggests that the actual birthtime is not known - so it's worth checking if that's the case and, if so, we can try to do some estimation. If it's an accurate time, then there's no problem.

The starting point for any synastry reading should be a thorough analysis of each chart in turn - this will supply most of the answers you are looking for in terms of compatibility.

The synastry reading adds additional layers to this, but they are of secondary importance. If the natal analysis suggests compatibility, the next step is to look at where and how that compatibility will manifest. Never assume it must be romantic - it could well be amicable (friends) or filial or even paternal (he's like your brother, or even your father (age is not so critical, it's the role he plays and indeed you play) and don't assume that both have to see the relationship in the same way - He might see you as a sister figure, whereas you see him as a prospective partner.

Those issues may already have been clarified, but if not, it's worth bearing them in mind as you proceed.

Basically as a start you should be looking at in which of your Houseshis Sun and Mars fall in and in which of his Houses your Moon and Venus fall.

Are there any aspects between these planets to planets in the other person's chart - do they aspect the other's Ascendant?

Generally you can forget the outer planets in terms of conjunctions or aspects, as you almost certainly share very similar positions for them. So only use the 'original' seven. At the very end, you might peek at the outers, to see if there's anything very striking but take care in so doing.

Mercury positions and aspects between charts give some indications of mutual communication (Very important in a relationship) Jupiter and Saturn can show the opportunities and limitations in the relationship but again bear in mind that with a separation of just under two years, His Saturn is only going to be one sign earlier at most and Jupiter probably two signs earlier. That means there's unlikely to be aspects between these planets across the charts but it's their House position and aspect to the other five and the Ascendant which are the key things as far as they are concerned.

Finally don't worry too much about oppositions and squares (unless that's all there is) - to be a dynamic and long term relationship, you NEED some squares and oppositions, otherwise you end up taking each other for granted and drift into an almost unthinking, and ultimately doomed relationship.

LovelyMissAries

Minderwiz said:
There's no need for all the planetary positions, simply supplying the natal details is all that's required - indeed without the House positions, the planets and signs are not of much use, as there's no indication of their relative importance in yours and his lives.

True, but I don't post here often thus I'm not familiar with the guidelines, etc. I'd rather provide too much than too little, know what I mean?

You list his birth time as 12:00 am - I'm assuming here you mean 12 Noon (12:00 in 24h format) and not Midnight at the start of the day (00:00 in 24h format) - It might seem an obvious answer but I've been caught out before assuming things that aren't actually the case LOL, so I better check on the outset.

A Noon birth would give an Ascendant of 24Li35 (24 degrees 34 minutes of Libra).

I'll wait for you to confirm that before proceeding much further. The observation is that a Noon (or Midnight) time of birth, usually suggests that the actual birthtime is not known - so it's worth checking if that's the case and, if so, we can try to do some estimation. If it's an accurate time, then there's no problem.

LOL no I don't know his exact birth time, but I've always used midnight. Seeing as how that gives him a moon in Sagittarius... I think it's quite fitting. He's unexpectedly religious, and likes to gamble, drink, smoke. On the other hand, he seems very appeasing as a Libra would and if I remember correctly he would have to have a Capricorn moon in order to have a Libra rising. If only people were more thorough with their knowledge of their own birth... *sigh*.

The starting point for any synastry reading should be a thorough analysis of each chart in turn - this will supply most of the answers you are looking for in terms of compatibility.
I thought this is what synastry charts are, in comparison to composite ones. The synastry charts shows how each blueprint (natal chart) overlaps with the other, whereas the composite is talking about the actual relationship itself, no?

....the next step is to look at where and how that compatibility will manifest.
Good point.
Never assume it must be romantic - it could well be amicable (friends) or filial or even paternal (he's like your brother, or even your father (age is not so critical, it's the role he plays and indeed you play) and don't assume that both have to see the relationship in the same way - He might see you as a sister figure, whereas you see him as a prospective partner.
I agree with that! Actually, that's why I posted this here today, so I could deduce which aspects would most likely indicate how we see each other and what the differences are; basically what you just described.

Basically as a start you should be looking at in which of your Houses his Sun and Mars fall in and in which of his Houses your Moon and Venus fall.

My Sun and Moon in the 6th and 7th house, respectively.
Then his Sun and Mars both fall in my 3rd house.

Are there any aspects between these planets to planets in the other person's chart - do they aspect the other's Ascendant?

I know it's putting the horse before the carriage when I say this but I'm doing it anyway (Lol): his Chiron asteroid is conjunct with my Ascendant in Gemini. I believe that's the only aspect it makes however.

Generally you can forget the outer planets in terms of conjunctions or aspects, as you almost certainly share very similar positions for them. So only use the 'original' seven. At the very end, you might peek at the outers, to see if there's anything very striking but take care in so doing.

Right... there's my obsession with Pluto again, haha! So disregard the aspects (for now) even if it's something like "Sun square Saturn" because we're not paying attention to Saturn, Uranus, Neptune? I think I understand but I just want to be sure.

Mercury positions and aspects between charts give some indications of mutual communication (Very important in a relationship)
Ugh, so far... the communication is kaput. We don't seem to understand (maybe 'agree with') each other's temperaments although we CAN read each other quicker than most, sounds contradicting I know.

Jupiter and Saturn can show the opportunities and limitations in the relationship but again bear in mind that with a separation of just under two years, His Saturn is only going to be one sign earlier at most and Jupiter probably two signs earlier. That means there's unlikely to be aspects between these planets across the charts but it's their House position and aspect to the other five and the Ascendant which are the key things as far as they are concerned.

So what you're saying is there's not going to be a huge space for an opportunity because of there being a low chance of aspects?

Finally don't worry too much about oppositions and squares (unless that's all there is) - to be a dynamic and long term relationship, you NEED some squares and oppositions, otherwise you end up taking each other for granted and drift into an almost unthinking, and ultimately doomed relationship.

Oh I completely agree with that. Ever since I've begun seriously studying astrology, my opinion of squares and oppositions has done a complete 180. That's what I noticed in these aspects, they're almost ALL trines. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

LovelyMissAries

Houses

@Minderwiz - Would this be of more help in what I'm trying to ask?

His Sun, Venus, and Mars all in Leo are in my 3rd house (also ruled by Leo)
His Moon in Sag falls in my 7th house (ruled by Sag)
His Mercury in Cancer falls in my 2nd house (ruled by Cancer).
His Jupiter in Aries falls in my 11th house (ruled by Aries).

Now, I know you said to only use the original seven and that we don't really pay attention to the outer planets yet but I included Jupiter because of what you were saying earlier about opportunities.

My Sun in Aries falls in his 12th house (His 12th house is ruled by Aries)
Moon in Taurus in his 12th house.
Mercury in Aries in his 12th house.
Venus in Aries in his 12th house.
Mars in Gemini in his 1st house.
Jupiter in Gemini in his 1st house (1st house ruled by Taurus).

Minderwiz

Starlight09 said:
True, but I don't post here often thus I'm not familiar with the guidelines, etc. I'd rather provide too much than too little, know what I mean?

It's not so much a guideline issue - more one of convenience because quite often there's a need for further work to answer questions and the easiest way of doing this is to cast the chart using our own software - we get to see the chart but more importantly we can try various techniques to help answer your question. The list of planets doesn't really allow for much else than simply reading it and trying to visualise the original chart.

Starlight09 said:
LOL no I don't know his exact birth time, but I've always used midnight. Seeing as how that gives him a moon in Sagittarius... I think it's quite fitting. He's unexpectedly religious, and likes to gamble, drink, smoke. On the other hand, he seems very appeasing as a Libra would and if I remember correctly he would have to have a Capricorn moon in order to have a Libra rising. If only people were more thorough with their knowledge of their own birth... *sigh*.

Well then we'll have to proceed on the basis that his chart is problematical. That means you can see his planetary positions relative to YOUR chart but not vice versa. It can help in you deciding if he's compatible with you but not necessarily whether you're compatible with him, as one of the key requirements - his Ascendant - is missing.

Starlight09 said:
I thought this is what synastry charts are, in comparison to composite ones. The synastry charts shows how each blueprint (natal chart) overlaps with the other, whereas the composite is talking about the actual relationship itself, no?

Yes but synastry simply looks at the way in which you interact, not the basic underlying temperaments (personalities for modern Astrologers). So you need to have looked at these first, even though you are then going to use the natal charts in a bi-wheel or similar device. The composite, if you get that far gives you a further layer of information BUT it is intended as the last stage, not something you begin with or indeed leap to after the natal charts. I also think it's something that is onlyh worth doing when there is a 'relationship' to talk about, not when we're looking at the issue of is there compatiblity before a relationship starts - compatibility and the relationship are really two different things. Sometimes if there's problems in a relationship and these are confirmed with issues in a composite, then we're back to the issue of compatibility and this is best handled by looking at the natal charts per se and then the mutual contacts.

Starlight09 said:
I know it's putting the horse before the carriage when I say this but I'm doing it anyway (Lol): his Chiron asteroid is conjunct with my Ascendant in Gemini. I believe that's the only aspect it makes however.

If you put any faith in Chiron, (and I don't) then it might well be relevant but as one of the last things you look at - but make sure that the conjunction is close (1 or 2 degrees at most)

Starlight09 said:
Right... there's my obsession with Pluto again, haha! So disregard the aspects (for now) even if it's something like "Sun square Saturn" because we're not paying attention to Saturn, Uranus, Neptune? I think I understand but I just want to be sure.

The Classical 7 are Saturn through to Moon (in order of increasing speed) and ALL are visible. Sun square Saturn is therefore a relevant aspect (though again tight orbs are desirable). Uranus is arguable visible to the naked eye under certain (rare) conditions, Neptune and Pluto are not. My point in the previous post was that if you are similar age, it's not worth comparing the relative position of the outers and even comparing the positionsof Saturn and Jupiter may not be very helpful. Now a modern Astrologer might well look for aspects between the outers and Moon or Sun or Venus or Mars. Again though the advice should be to use very tight orbs. If I were to use the outers in any Astrological work, I'd treat them like fixed stars and use an orb of 1 degree separation.

Starlight09 said:
So what you're saying is there's not going to be a huge space for an opportunity because of there being a low chance of aspects?

Er...No, that's not what I was saying or (hopefully) implying.

Jupiter is generally the planet of expansion, growth and good things (and I stress 'generally' as in some charts Jupiter can be malefic). It's therefore possible to see it as 'opportunities' - whether there will be opportunities will depend on Jupiter's position and it's aspects if any.

Saturn generally is the planet of restriction, duty, burdens and bad things (though again 'generally' is to be treated with caution - Saturn is some charts is definitely benefic) - so if you're looking for problems, pitfalls, and difficulties, Saturn by aspect and position will give you some indication of these.

Starlight09 said:
Oh I completely agree with that. Ever since I've begun seriously studying astrology, my opinion of squares and oppositions has done a complete 180. That's what I noticed in these aspects, they're almost ALL trines. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Astrology is a science that grew up in classical times, and one of the great classical ideas is of balance and moderation in all things - you can have too much of a good thing (and of course too much of the bad things) - so a well balanced chart is usually a good indicator that things might work out well (though that's another generalisation and you would then have to also look at the individual features to ensure that the chart really was balanced)

Minderwiz

Starlight09 said:
@Minderwiz - Would this be of more help in what I'm trying to ask?

His Sun, Venus, and Mars all in Leo are in my 3rd house (also ruled by Leo)
His Moon in Sag falls in my 7th house (ruled by Sag)
His Mercury in Cancer falls in my 2nd house (ruled by Cancer).
His Jupiter in Aries falls in my 11th house (ruled by Aries).

Yes, but also note that as we have no certain birth time for him, the Moon could be in Capricorn and even Mercury might be in Leo (it's only 20 minutes of arc away at midnight and Mercury is fast, covering 1 degree 50 minutes on his birth date - 5 hours or more later and he's got Mercury in Leo In both cases though, the House placements won't change

Starlight09 said:
My Sun in Aries falls in his 12th house (His 12th house is ruled by Aries)
Moon in Taurus in his 12th house.
Mercury in Aries in his 12th house.
Venus in Aries in his 12th house.
Mars in Gemini in his 1st house.
Jupiter in Gemini in his 1st house (1st house ruled by Taurus).

Trouble is that we can only speculate on his Ascendant and his houses, so I think you have to work solely with your own houses - the placement of his planets by House and aspects between his planets (classical 7) and yours (and of course your Ascendant).

OK you can now try and think over those points and maybe begin to put something together as your view of compatibility and a possible relationship

siren85

This is what stands out to me... (ie. the synastry aspects that seem particularly strong):

Moon in Taurus opposition Pluto in Scorpio - 2 degrees, 41
Mars in Gemini opposition Saturn in Sagittarius - 3 degrees, 30
Mars in Gemini opposition Uranus in Sagittarius - 2 degrees, 04
Pluto in Scorpio square Sun in Leo - 6 degrees, 15
Pluto in Scorpio square Venus in Leo - 5 degrees, 59
Pluto in Scorpio square Mars in Leo - 4 degrees, 55

Wow... those are some really intense aspects there! While there are some helpful trines, I don't put a WHOLE lot of weight on sextiles/trines unless they are close in orb or figure into a theme of a chart... just because they tend not to be as strong/powerful as the conjunctions, oppositions, and squares... their energy is definately felt. Do any of you have Pluto/scorpio particuarly strong in your chart? Because Pluto seems to be dominant in your synastry... and may be too intense to handle if neither of you are used to the scorpio/pluto energy. Also, is this a romantic relationship?

The Pluto person may be a bit obsessed, possessive of the moon person. may tend to overwhelm her feelings and may not be gentle enough to deal with the sensitive moon. very intense, deep, emotional conversations. powerful, 'soul mate' emotional connection.

mars opposite saturn - i have read before that this tends to indicate strong sexual attraction at first, but then denegrates after awhile into petty nagging and arguments. you may get on eachothers nerves after awhile, and saturn doesn't like how assertive and aggressive mars can be, so he may try to suppress/control her out of fear.

Pluto square sun-venus-mars - yikes! on the plus side, major sexual attraction. but, a possible obsessive, compulsive, co-dependent/unhealthy relationship. also, perhaps a battle of the wills... submissive manipulation, control issues. but, like i said, if either of you have pluto/scorpio strong in your charts, this may not be a problem! scorpios tend to thrive on intensity. but for others... the relationship may be too hot to handle and may burn out quickly. but, it will nevertheless be intense!

tarotlyn

:heart::) siren85, What you analyzed in this Synastry chart is really EXCELLENT :thumbsup::)

First of all, overall, I TOTALLY agree with sinren85 about the squares and oppositions
being of most important (in this particular case).

YES...with this many POWERFUL squares and oppositions and with the TYPE of
planetary influences involved, you REALLY NEED to pay attention to these!!! :eek:

I just popped in here to add a few things...

What I see in this chart really disturbs me! There are way too many SERIOUS distress aspects
within this meeting, which I see as jealously, manipulation, and even VIOLENT reactions to each other.
I don't think it will, ultimately, be a safe relationship at all. I think it could become volatile and very dangerous in time.

PLUS, with the all the SATURN aspects going off, I would say that once you
get involved with this person, it will be very very difficult to get away from
him or to break a detrimental relationship like this.

I call this a BIG 'SATURN BOND'...or 'BONDO BONDO'... You would probably
have to move 1,000's of miles away from the person and not let them know
where you are in order to break the bond of aspects like this...CEMENT...but NOT good cement...

One thing for sure, IF you persist in this relationship, it WILL grow your Soul :bugeyed:

Re: All the positive aspects
I know you have a lot of good aspects here, BUT there are way too many
difficult and HEAVY aspects for the good ones to overcome them.
It, in my mind, would be a definite miracle if they did. (a miracle if you survive the negatives)
You can tell yourself all the good things you want to, but the truth is, if these
astrological birth times, etc. are correct, this is what I foresee.

In other words, in this case, I just see the difficult aspects OUTWEIGHING the positive aspects.

No one yell at me for what I think...it is also my experience for over 30 years
and my specialty has been compatibility charting. I lived through counseling
people with broken arms, houses broken into, and more with these types of
aspects...AND they didn't even have this many difficult aspects to overcome!!!

You are right on, siren85 :)

:heart: tarotlyn

siren85

thanks ;) :heart: I agree with you about saturn being super-glue here as well... this may not be a good thing... one of those relationships where you can't stand the person, but can't get away from them. looks like KARMA at work here.