What kind of relationship X wants to have with me

hulpster

How do you read these cards in relationship
to the question? This is a romantic reading..

Rider Waite deck

FOOL - TWO/PENTACLES - FIVE/CUPS
QUINT: Chariot

The Fool is easy enough to read - seems like wanting a fresh start. The combination of the Two/Pentacles and Five/Cups is a bit trickier. I get a feeling of being uncertain because of a difficult past.

The quint being Chariot tells me overall there is a desire for forward movement or getting the two people on the same page.

So overall I see a desire to start fresh in the relationship/dating but there are some doubts because of an issue in X's past.

Any insights on this reading? Thankyou!

IndigoWaves

"Free and non-committal", says the Fool, which 2 of Pents indecision seems to reinforce... And with the 5C's focus on upset feelings, plus a Cancerian Chariot that can get emotionally mired in the past, there may be an ex or unrequited love behind this.

hulpster

"Free and non-committal", says the Fool, which 2 of Pents indecision seems to reinforce... And with the 5C's focus on upset feelings, plus a Cancerian Chariot that can get emotionally mired in the past, there may be an ex or unrequited love behind this.

Hi IndigoWaves, thanks for these insights! I do agree on the Cancerian focussing on past issues and this is reinforced with the 5/Cups. I can also see the Fool as being non committal. The Two/Pents I'm not sure of. I would read Two/Swords as being indecision. How do you normally read Two/Swords?

Perhaps Two/Pentacles is the juggling of two people? Maybe he wants to keep it free and easy and date multiple people...

IndigoWaves

[...] The Two/Pents I'm not sure of. I would read Two/Swords as being indecision. How do you normally read Two/Swords?
The 2S' "indecision" to me is more like a stubborn refusal to decide -- being on strike with zero desire to negotiate. Its energy is fixed and often unyielding. There can be a cool refusal to be influenced by or even to acknowledge those background emotions, as well, further cementing this position.

The 2P, on the other hand, is a very active card: The juggler is focused on the options at hand and trying to maneuver them. He probably knows that one (-or more, if applicable, IRL) should be "dropped" so that he can finally relax, but it seems like he can't tell which is best, doesn't feel secure/settled enough to decide, or maybe just doesn't want to limit his selection -- even though life is further complicated by a juggling dance.
Perhaps Two/Pentacles is the juggling of two people? Maybe he wants to keep it free and easy and date multiple people...

I've often seen both of these apply to the 2P, yes, and either could definitely fit here if you're currently dating this person... But if you aren't involved in that way now, the Fool may show him feeling that you're a 2P option which he's not especially invested in, perhaps not really focused on... Because of a 5C/Chariot emotional pull towards someone else -- even if the person is clearly unavailable to him; a "detail" that Fools may overlook or simply ignore.

As a side-note, the 2P can, quite aptly, hover around relationship readings involving bi/pansexuals, too -- especially if the technically wider options involved make mate selection or fidelity a challenge. (Not saying that this would apply to all bi/pansexuals or that it's a factor in your reading, but I find it an interesting Tarot occurrence.)

This is all just another viewpoint, of course; YMMV. Cheers. :)

GotH

broken down to simplest terms

An open relationship with the option to walk if things don't suit his happiness.

:bugeyed:

hulpster

The 2S' "indecision" to me is more like a stubborn refusal to decide -- being on strike with zero desire to negotiate. Its energy is fixed and often unyielding. There can be a cool refusal to be influenced by or even to acknowledge those background emotions, as well, further cementing this position.

The 2P, on the other hand, is a very active card: The juggler is focused on the options at hand and trying to maneuver them. He probably knows that one (-or more, if applicable, IRL) should be "dropped" so that he can finally relax, but it seems like he can't tell which is best, doesn't feel secure/settled enough to decide, or maybe just doesn't want to limit his selection -- even though life is further complicated by a juggling dance.

I've often seen both of these apply to the 2P, yes, and either could definitely fit here if you're currently dating this person... But if you aren't involved in that way now, the Fool may show him feeling that you're a 2P option which he's not especially invested in, perhaps not really focused on... Because of a 5C/Chariot emotional pull towards someone else -- even if the person is clearly unavailable to him; a "detail" that Fools may overlook or simply ignore.

As a side-note, the 2P can, quite aptly, hover around relationship readings involving bi/pansexuals, too -- especially if the technically wider options involved make mate selection or fidelity a challenge. (Not saying that this would apply to all bi/pansexuals or that it's a factor in your reading, but I find it an interesting Tarot occurrence.)

This is all just another viewpoint, of course; YMMV. Cheers. :)

Thanks for the clarification. This isn't a reading for myself and the 2 people in question aren't together. So it is likely then he is deciding between her and someone else, with neither being a definite option. 5/Cups could point to a small conflict they had in the past.

hulpster

An open relationship with the option to walk if things don't suit his happiness.

:bugeyed:

Hi there, yes the Fool is getting a bad rap in this reading! But I can see how this is non commital with the 2 Pents.