What's Money Have To Do With It?

Tallyboo

This is my very first reading of the year. I got a new book and I decided to try using the tarot for advice instead of predictions. (If you read my previous posts you'll notice I SUCK at prediction.)

This book uses different meanings for the Tarot if you're seeking adice.

On this one I asked how I can change my luck in love for this day forward.

1. The Magician-- Be yourself. Do the things *you* like to do and love will come to you because men will be attractied to your happiness/your determination. Something like that...

2. Four of Pentacles--let's talk about that later...

3. The Two of Swords--This cards suggets that in relationships with men I have a tendency to always want to be the winner. (I do usually break up with a guy before he breaks up with me. Though, most of the time I'm right to.) This popping up means I should stop that.

Now back to the Four of Pentacles...This card's interpretation means that I should worry more about my financial situation than my emotional one. Why did this card show up? Should I bury myself into my next job? Or school?

Anyone have any other interpreations?

HudsonGray

Well, if you didn't use a past/present/future lay & just put the three cards down to tell you something, I'd read it as this way--

Magician. You may be too clever for your own good, with all the skills at your fingertips, you get lost in the doing and the showmanship, not the full experience. The Magician doesn't do give and take, he puts on a show. You don't see the inner person with the Magician (as you do with the High Priestess).

4 of Pentacles can mean you're keeping too much too close to you, being frugal or downright stingy with something (maybe for good reason, it's not a bad thing). However in relationships, which was your question, one person keeping what matters to themselves without sharing can mean a closeness won't be developing to take the relationship to the next level. There needs to be a give and take, which the 4 of Pentacles certainly doesn't help with.

The 2 of Swords shows that decisions have to be weighed and seriously looked at before you make the final choice on whatever is being considered. Do you do this, or do you do that, because you can't have both. Those swords are like scissors that snip something and close off one choice in favor of another.

As the Swords is in front of you (to the right) and the Pentacles is behind you (on the left) it could mean a shift in relationships for you, that by making a conscious choice to alter what you'd normally do you open yourself up to a new level. Or you take a look at the type of person you'd normally be attracted to and decide if they're really right or are they going to keep you still in the same old rut. Or a number of other things, but just by looking at the situation with a decision in mind you shift what normally happens around you and move onto something new in regards to relationships.

Course I could be completely off, you never know!

Eco74

On the Four of Pentacles.

Maybe you go into relationships for the security and you need to build your own instead so the relationships don't have to stand or fall by your feelings of whether you are "safe" or not in it.

Having your own solid ground to stand on makes it easier to find someone who compliments you, rather than someone who will "take care of you" or "sweep you off your feet and carry you away".
(Not that I know what's been causing breakups before..)

contradiction

what you need to consider is that pent's, do not always refer to money. sometimes it can be the emotions that are referred to. look at the card meanings, greed, stingy, unwilling to share, in a relationship this could mean someone who only cares about themselves. what can you give me? what's yours is mine, what's mine is mine. someone who is not willing to get emotionally involved, does not want to share their feelings. one person spends all their time trying to make the relationship work, the other is just there. if it works it works, if not, then it dosen't. someone who dosen't want to give of themselves. i think you get the point, now i'll shutup. sometimes i get carried away with explanations. anyway hope this helps

Adjustment

The 4 of pentacles is perhaps telling you that you are too conservative or are afraid to share your feelings because do not want to take the risk of being hurt in a relationship. maybe a change on attitude is needed here.

Tallyboo

Awww...stingy with my love...

That should be a song....

Anyway, if the four of pents doesn't have anything to do with money in this reading what you all are saying makes a little more sense now.

No one wants their heart broken. No one likes rejection. So, therefore, I'm quite stingy with my love. If you've read previous posts, I always, always find it very hard to trust someone. Even when I like a man, I find it hard to tell him so. (Look at what happened to the last relationship I was in.)

I felt that I needed to tell this guy how I felt. Only, telling him how I felt gave him just cause to use me. So, yeah, I *am* very stingy with my love, or affection for men.

HudsonGray said:
Magician. You may be too clever for your own good, with all the skills at your fingertips, you get lost in the doing and the showmanship, not the full experience. The Magician doesn't do give and take, he puts on a show. You don't see the inner person with the Magician (as you do with the High Priestess).

I didn't know I did that. I always thought I was going into most relationship know full well of the reason why I was in it. But I get so caught up in the idea of having a boyfriend. (the show) that I never pay attention the resources right in front of me. Right? Am I right?

Or could the 4 of Pents be *encouraging* me to be a little stingy? Cause I do give a lot in a relationship. Even the guy who is horrible to me I tend to give the benefit of the doubt. Until the doubts begin to outweigh the benefits.....

HudsonGray

I think it's all tied in with the 2 of Swords, where you have to make conscious decisions about everything. Being stingy is fine especially if there's a reason for it, but it has to balance out too. If you give more than you get there's no balance. If you're with someone who refuses to open up-that's not a relationship. It takes two. Don't oversell, don't undersell yourself. Be a whole person but keep things in balance especially as you want something long term.

Try pulling one card to represent the guys you've been dating. Then pull one card to represent what you need in a relationship with a guy. Sometimes you can see that there's a huge difference in what you have versus what you require. You could be looking at the wrong guys.

Tallyboo

Here's looking at you, kid!

ahhh...I think I've got it. What your saying is that the burning in my gut I felt when I date some guys is telling "Danger, Danger Will Robinson!* And I need to listen to that more oftern instead of ignoring it with the adage, "It's early in the relationship. Things'll get better." That's the 2 of Swords right? Maybe I *am* making all of my decision in relationships blindfolded.

Another thing i noticed also with the cards. They were all looking in *my* direction. (save for the 2 of swords which was facing me, but blindfolded.) Could the bottom line to this means that my luck is in my hands when it comes to relationship? That was a little eerie that I thought about it like that. Heheheheh

HudsonGray

I think you hit it right on the head, Tallyboo!