What's the Heirophant trying to teach me...

haleyw

This is one card, that I really struggle to understand. Yet, it has came up time and time again this year, in readings about all aspects of my life. Whether it be about work, love, relationships. How do you see this card? I think it may be trying tell me that I'm going through a process of learning in all aspects of my life, being taught lessons that will prove valuable, throughout the rest of my life.

Funny how there always seems to be that one card that starts haunting you. Going to open this up to discussion in Talking Tarot.

videojob8

Maybe be skeptical of conventional wisdom more?

Perhaps focus more on the spiritual?

Maybe don't let others dictate you in what to believe?

hulpster

This is one card, that I really struggle to understand. Yet, it has came up time and time again this year, in readings about all aspects of my life. Whether it be about work, love, relationships. How do you see this card? I think it may be trying tell me that I'm going through a process of learning in all aspects of my life, being taught lessons that will prove valuable, throughout the rest of my life.

Funny how there always seems to be that one card that starts haunting you. Going to open this up to discussion in Talking Tarot.

For me, it has come up to advise me to continue with further studies. So I really associate this card with learning/teaching. I think as general advice and not knowing the context in which this card has come up for you, I would say you're spot on. It is telling you to learn the lessons that life is bringing your way!

DownUnderNZer

Depends on what you have asked and maybe other cards. But this to me can also be about a LIFE LESSON being taught or learnt.

PAMUYA

this was in my notes, this is how I personally look at the Hierophant.

"The Hierophant for me represent group activities and beliefs, and in either case, support of the establishment and respect for the rules are emphasized. So if you are planning something revolutionary, the repeated appearance of the Hierophant is a good sign to forget such action and go with the flow for the time being. The traditional way of doing things must work most of the time, or else it wouldn't have been around long enough to become tradition, which is the way of the Hierophant, to follow the rules of your traditions."

Nisha

It might also be saying 'have faith'.

Friture

"if you did lose all you'd built, you would still keep the experience and knowledge that you've gained up to this point" -> quoted from the AT's 78 tarot meanings. This is the Hierophant's main meaning for me.

and

Forgiveness.

Mallah

To me, the H often means "inventory your beliefs". Sometimes we hold beliefs from our childhood, taught to us by parents, school, church, society....that are no longer serving us, but was "assume" they are true, or don't even notice them lurking in the bottom of our personal operating system. And they continue then to manifest on the outside of us, calling for transformation. They can be so buried as to be unconcious assumptions on our part, that need to be looked and and (perhaps) revised!

RainbowGypsy

Like others have said it can depend on what other cards are with it however for me it often is indicative of both learning and teaching, there is much you can do if you take the steps towards the knowledge that is available to you.

Kgirl

I agree it would be interesting to know what you asked but generally the Hierophant could be a couple of things. It could be advising you to:

- follow what is traditionally the way of doing things
- respect a process and don't question
- if there is someone around you that can teach you and fill you with wisdom, to listen to them
- seek counsel with someone wise in that particular area
- if you're a religious person, perhaps its telling you to turn to your church?
- go with the status quo
- don't buck the system