Wheel of Fortune for advice?

seaglass

Did a CC with upright full deck Mandala Astrological deck and got "Wheel of Fortune" in the advice position.

This has happened to me before. I just take it as advice to:

- roll with it, be open to new developments, new changes
- basically to go with the flow. The Wheel as an emblem of change is so different than Death (out of your control) or Tower (sudden realizations). Nor is it necessarily the happy culmination (World) nor new beginning (Fool).

Just seems like a funny card for advice. Has anyone seen it come up like this before? What's your take?

jenessa

The Wheel is also the card of the risk-taker, of one who is willing to gamble on an opportunity and turn it to their own advantage. So depending on the rest of the cards, as advice it might be telling you that you shouldn't be afraid to take chances.

Or as you say, it might simply be reinforcing that circumstances are out of your control, and as such the advice would be to accept your fate.

nisaba

Just seems like a funny card for advice. Has anyone seen it come up like this before? What's your take?

No not so funny, it works. Don't know what situation you're applying it to, but as advice it says that you need to be aware of the ups and downs of life, and the fact that you're not going to be in control of your own destiny, so you might as well brace yourself and enjoy the ride. When things are terrible, know that they will get better again, when things are good enjoy every moment because it won't be permanent.

seaglass

The Wheel is also the card of the risk-taker, of one who is willing to gamble on an opportunity and turn it to their own advantage. So depending on the rest of the cards, as advice it might be telling you that you shouldn't be afraid to take chances.

I think that's what it's saying to degree. There has been a lot of self-instigated as well as external change in my life lately. Moving, family events, new connections, new opportunities. And now I'm moving again, but just temporarily. So I think it's saying to keep changing, keep taking chances and trying new things.

No not so funny, it works. Don't know what situation you're applying it to, but as advice it says that you need to be aware of the ups and downs of life, and the fact that you're not going to be in control of your own destiny, so you might as well brace yourself and enjoy the ride. When things are terrible, know that they will get better again, when things are good enjoy every moment because it won't be permanent.

I read on another thread about the Wheel that there's also an idea about karma here, the point being that one should invest in others wisely and realize that it all comes back. Things have certainly been high then low then ridiculously high again in my life lately. It's exciting! I guess it's just remind me to keep changing, staying open, keep thinking about the future and understand that there will be high points and low.

Sar

Jump onto the unexpected.

ravenest

Keep your centre and don't let external extensions of that centre draw you away from it.

Possible unexpected assistance or ... dare I term it more simply 'luck' may assist you.

In more detail;

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=202673 my post# 5 .

McFaire

Opportunity knocks. It's up to you how you respond.

lilac04

I see it as karmically taking what is and accepting life's changes, going through the motions, sitting at the eye of the storm with calm and as much composure as you can muster :)