In a reading, is there a higher
knowledge that will allow you to be
comfortable with these impressions?

I know intuition has a lot to do with the question but
just looking for other comments.

Thanks,
ros :)

Knightward

It is very difficult for some people to let go of the logical and submerse themselves in what they feel.

An example is, I did a reading for a friend a bit back.

They where really upset about something which happened in their past.

Two of the cards pulled where the Prince of Disks, and 2 of Disks reversed.

Looking at it it made no sense, but I stopped trying to figure it out and it became pretty clear.

The Prince was indicative of his friend who while driving a car, lost control of the car and crashed. The accident was fatal.

For some reason I know the Chairot in the Prince card ment a car. For some reason the bull in the picture clicked with me as a engine drawing the Chariot, with a human driver.

The two of disks reversed I took to mean the snake ended its figure 8 placement, indicating a failure of continuaity. I knew the accident was bad, but I wasn't sure it was fatal.

The last card, the Ace of Disks boggled me, but it seems he channels grief into work, and made a bunch of wood carved items which sold for alot of money, heh.

That was problably one of my better readings, but we spend most of our lives learning to only consider facts and what we can verify, that it is very difficult for some people to "unlearn" those traits and trust what they feel right off.

-Fenier

tmgrl2

A great question, ros....not sure I have an answer either....

but

I do know that in readings I have done, one of the Majors has brought forth
a person or object. Not so with the chariot, but Empress and Emperor have definitely jumped out as people in a reading...either the sitter or someone in his/her life. With Court cards, I am looking more for this I know...but I also look for personality traits with Court cards.

The Hermit has been both what the sitter was asked to seek....or a representation of the person the sitter was at that moment. I don't remember who it was, but I got the Hermit once and based on question and position in the spread, I clearly saw the person as the Hermit, but not in the positive sense....spending too much time away from others and doing too much introspection.

I will be interested in seeing what others come up with.

Umbrae and I once had a discussion about the Star.....and after we had talked about the card and its particular application at the moment, the Star could be the person....someone who, if they turn around, might realize that they are the "Star" someone is following or emulating.

I'm not sure if this addresses what you are asking....so just some thoughts.

terri

MeeWah

I see it as the intuitive faculty--which I recognize as a valid sense along with the 'traditional' 5--& working within the context of a reading.

*Any card* has the potential of unlimited meanings or associations. It depends on the reader's imagination/perception/understanding/etc. In short, what the reader brings to a reading.

Thus, a pip or non-people card can represent a person; a Major Arcana can represent a person, a situation or an object.

In a reading for a client, a majority of the cards were court cards or other cards with people. Amongst other associations with the individual cards, their presence struck as a 'full house'. Client not expecting visitors as it was not holiday time.

In the same reading, The Tower appeared in a group of cards designated as "situation other than" the reading topic. Saw The Tower as a house fire--& advised client it would be wise to check for electical hazards & to not overload electrical circuits. There was a house fire shortly after, but not at her house. It occurred at her sister's house. Apparently began in the kitchen as an electrical fire & spread quickly before it was contained.

The client found herself with unexpected house guests. Her sister & family preferred to stay with the client rather than at a motel whilst house repairs ensued & drove about 400 miles, too, to do so.

Btw: about 5 being the number of the recognized senses--is it not interesting that 5 is the number also associated with Man? The number of 6 is symbolic of harmony & balance; communication & responsibility.

michmm

MeeWah said:
In a reading for a client, a majority of the cards were court cards or other cards with people. Amongst other associations with the individual cards, their presence struck as a 'full house'. Client not expecting visitors as it was not holiday time.

In the same reading, The Tower appeared in a group of cards designated as "situation other than" the reading topic. Saw The Tower as a house fire--& advised client it would be wise to check for electical hazards & to not overload electrical circuits. There was a house fire shortly after, but not at her house. It occurred at her sister's house. Apparently began in the kitchen as an electrical fire & spread quickly before it was contained.

The client found herself with unexpected house guests. Her sister & family preferred to stay with the client rather than at a motel whilst house repairs ensued & drove about 400 miles, too, to do so.

Btw: about 5 being the number of the recognized senses--is it not interesting that 5 is the number also associated with Man? The number of 6 is symbolic of harmony & balance; communication & responsibility.

wow MeeWah, i love the way you deduced that! amazing! i wish i could think like that!
:love:
love
mich