where to go, where to go

gabriolagirl

Hello eveyone.
I have just recently joined the Forum after Solandia did such a wonderful review of our Dining With The Major Arcana. My sister & I are in the process of creating The Cooks Tarot. I invite you to visit our website ww.cookstarot.com to see what we are up to.
My question is: How does everyone connect ? Are there Tarot trade shows? I know that sounds weird, but, I use it for want of a better word. I quess, symposiums, or get togethers would amount to the same thing!
I am totally clueless re the whole marketing thing. If this is not the forum to ask these questions, I appologise, but I would like to know how people get their decks "out there". Any & all suggestions welcome

HudsonGray

Actually THIS forum is one of the best places online for tarot makers and readers/collectors to connect.

There are tarot conventions - most are pretty pricey to attend. You can find them by googling 'tarot convention'. Many cities have tarot groups which can be found either by looking at notices on bulletin boards at New Age shops, or going to meetup.com and putting in your zip code and the word 'tarot'.

Free networking works great for tarot creators. Have your deck reviewed here and on two or three other tarot sites. See if TarotGarden.com wants to carry it. Join YahooGroups tarot boards. Talk up your deck, including how you did the art, why you picked that particular image, how you decided on size, a back image, boxes, bags, price point, etc. Networking among tarot readers is pretty laid back.

HudsonGray

Have you thought about joining up with a few of the tarot bulletin boards or YahooGroups tarot groups? Talking about the deck and how the card images were chosen is always a good way to get feedback. Ask questions. I'd also look into joining up with a few forums on self publishing about marketing questions.

You can get a lot of free marketing by doing just simple things.

gabriolagirl

where to go

Thank you Hudsongrey. All great suggestions. I am gearing up to start "talking up", I'll start with this bit of shameless self promotion. A magazine called True Blue Spirit is starting to run a series on Cooks Tarot to coincide with their regular Tarot article, should be coming out fairly soon. Check it out & spread the word, many thanks for your response & interest !!!!