Which cards indicate superficial relationships(in the Fairytale Tarot)?

olivia1

In the Fairytale Tarot (MRP), it's hard to pick out the cards that symbolize superficial relationships (when using a spread, anyway). They all pretty much seem to end happily ever after. Even the Knight of Wands, to me isn't superficial enough in this deck (because he did like the Princess, but he just wanted to go the roundabout way of winning her over). So far, all I have to symbolize superficial relationships is The Devil. Any other suggestions?

Jaqueline

Not familiar with that particular deck, but what came to mind for me was the 7 of Cups.

Aerin

What about the "evil" characters such as wicked stepmothers, sisters and the like? Their stories don't end happily even though the main characters usually come out just fine.... in the end. Often they are in it for the money, or the glory, or the power and not for the love.

Maybe take a look at some of the secondary characters, not just the heros and heroines of the piece. Judgement... that's nasty.

olivia1

Aerin said:
Judgement... that's nasty.

Snow White's story? Thanks I'll keep that in mind and see if I can make the connection. I dont know if changing the focus is a good idea but the overall theme of judgment may fit....

It would be great, though, if there were blatant lustful cards in the deck to make it easier. The only one I could think of (besides Devil) is knight of pents...but he was able to resist temptation so I doubt he fits.

olivia1

Jaqueline said:
Not familiar with that particular deck, but what came to mind for me was the 7 of Cups.

The story wasn't exactly lustful but when she was looking into the silver plate she wasn't sure if what she was seeing was even actually real or not--so I think that might work. Thanks!

ETA: Actually, I think that does fit because her sisters coveted her apple and silver plate :)