Which job will bring more income

Babymaker

My husband is unhappy with his current financial position. His job is stagnant. I decided to do a two card tarot spread asking whether he will be financially better staying where he is or if he would be better elsewhere.

I got two cups cards. So I'm wondering if this can be interpreted for money. The first card representing his current job was the page of cups. The second card I got representing another potential job was the ace of cups. So here I am thinking that if my hb gets a job elsewhere, he will get the income he wants. I think the page is saying that if he stays where he is nothing will change. But if he finds a job elsewhere he will get the income he wants.Am I correct in seeing it this way?

Saskia

Hi B, I don't think there's an increase in income in sight. It does look a new job would be more emotionally fulfilling, perhaps taking away some of the disappointment of not having the desired income. But these cards don't talk about money or accumulation of wealth. The fact that you ask "which will bring more" doesn't automatically mean *either* will bring more money. They can still be very similar scale.

The current job seems to be an entry-level/low paid position (Page as an intern / junior). You could also ask what are his long-term chances in his current job: the Page only talks about the job as it is now.

It could help to be a bit more targeted, i.e. asking about specific jobs instead of "stay or go" in general.

Babymaker

Hi B, I don't think there's an increase in income in sight. It does look a new job would be more emotionally fulfilling, perhaps taking away some of the disappointment of not having the desired income. But these cards don't talk about money or accumulation of wealth. The fact that you ask "which will bring more" doesn't automatically mean *either* will bring more money. They can still be very similar scale.

The current job seems to be an entry-level/low paid position (Page as an intern / junior). You could also ask what are his long-term chances in his current job: the Page only talks about the job as it is now.

It could help to be a bit more targeted, i.e. asking about specific jobs instead of "stay or go" in general.

Hi saskia,

I hope that's not the case. My husband's current boss likes him and wants to keep him. My husband has worked there for 11 years. It's just that we need more money to have a bigger house and more kids.

Ron521

I generally agree with Saskia, and would add that the intern aspect of the Page of Cups could be interpreted as your husband needing to learn some new skill to advance in his current job (maybe night school to qualify for a promotion to management?), while the Ace of Cups might imply the seed or beginning of a new venture or opportunity of some kind, but importantly, doesn't necessarily imply the end of the current situation.

In other words, perhaps the answer to the problem is not to quit the current job, but merely to take on an additional training or a part time job to generate the additional income you seek.

Babymaker

I generally agree with Saskia, and would add that the intern aspect of the Page of Cups could be interpreted as your husband needing to learn some new skill to advance in his current job (maybe night school to qualify for a promotion to management?), while the Ace of Cups might imply the seed or beginning of a new venture or opportunity of some kind, but importantly, doesn't necessarily imply the end of the current situation.

In other words, perhaps the answer to the problem is not to quit the current job, but merely to take on an additional training or a part time job to generate the additional income you seek.

Hmmm... my hb has the highest qualifications he can get for the job he has which is a university degree. The only way he could get a place up is if the managing director gave up his role and gave it to my hb. I'm sure that for the other job he wants he would have to do some training. But since I asked whether option 1 or 2 would make more money, then it looks like the income will be the same.