White Ash

LadyAnn

I have been looking high and low for a supplier of White Ash. It is suppose to have wonderful medicinal properties. Short of growing my own tree I'm at a loss as to how to obtain the leaves of the White Ash.

Does anyone on the list use the White Ash Leaves themselves?

devan_faery

white ash i quite a common tree in the states, you could try searching out a tree for yourself.
here are a list of features

Identifying Characteristics

Size/Form:

White ash is a large tree that reaches 70' to 80' in height. This tree has been known to reach 125' in rare instances. When grown in the open, white ash has round crowns.

Leaves:

The deciduous leaves are compound and oppositely arranged. These leaves are 8" to 13" in length with 7 to 12 leaflets per leaf. Leaflets measure 2" to 4" long and are usually oval shaped. The tops of the leaves are dark green and shiny where the bottoms of the leaves are pale green with tiny hairs.

Fruit:

The fruit is a light-brown samara, about 1" long, and often produced in clumps of 10 to 100 samaras.

Bark:

This light gray-brown bark is characterized by having deep, narrow ridges that form a diamond shaped pattern.

Habitat:

White ash grows in rich, moist, well-drained soils. This tree may also be found in bottomlands near streams and often on low-sloped areas.

i've never heard white ash leaves to be used medicinally, but you could try companies who do mail order of herbs.

devan