Who are these people!?

fishbrain

I'm talking of course about the court cards.

I've read that the court cards are the most difficult to interpret... I agree. Though I am getting better with them.

Most of the readings I've done are open readings. I tend to use the court cards to represent personifications of suit characteristics, and court types as attitude/maturity/masculine/feminine aspects. This may be related to the querent or to outside "influences".

But this means, for example, I have rarely (if ever?) attributed a court card to an actual person... "this is your mother", "your father", "your boss", "your girlfriend".

It tends to be the larger spreads, where you may get a number of court cards that can cause me some confusion. I recently tried a 21 card Romany spread... geez... I have to meditate on the thing for almost an hour... just sit and stare, before it all comes together. (Mind you, lol, the first time I tried this spread was with my new Hermetic Tarot - brilliant deck - but to dive into a 21-card spread with a complex, unfamilair, black and white only deck was probably a bit ambitious!)

I seem to be more comfortable with symbols, than with people.

Anyone have some little insights into how they use/interpret the court cards? Not looking so much for in-depth descriptions, but short-cuts, rules-of-thumb, general insights...

Cheers,

SunChariot

I tend to not get that specific as I don't and can't know everyone in the person's life. I just go with the question, the suit and the general meaning of the court...

EG If the question is something like "What do I need to know about my work life now?" and the King of Swords comes up: the asnwer is about work, the King is about Mastering the element of his suit, and Swords about about thoughts and thought processes.

So I would say something like: "There is someone in your life right now who has already mastered an attitude (way of thinking) about his/her worklife that has lead him/her to achieve something you would like to achieve. This card is asking you to go have a good talk with them now about this attitude because this person has something to teach you that you need to know now."

Then usually the querent says something like "Oh I know just who that is! It's my brother-in-law!" or something like that. Then I tell them to go talk to them about where they are in their worklife and how they got there, because this person has some particular wisdom to impart to them that will answer their question.

I don't try to tell them it's their boss or whoever, I let them feel in their hearts who it is. Sometimes the images of course add additional info...but that is the gyst of it.

Or I have also used Court cards as personifications of charicteristics, depends on my mood how I decide to read that day. But I always decide in my head first before I pull the cards, so that they will come up in the right way.

Hope this helps,

Babs

re-pete-a

FISHY ONE,as a rule of thumb,the majors are fate in play,beyond your immediate control.Rv karmic consequences of action type.Simply speaking,Fate or Karma(Rv).See if it fits for you. oh dear,not enough coffees.You asked for court cards.Characteristic qualities of the person /gender depicted.
________
Aromed Vaporizer 4.0 Review

Demon Goddess

Courts are, for me, more often than not, someone other than the querant. If I get more than one court, usually I get that court (person) influencing the character of the querant, (the second court).

I think of all of the cards, for me, the courts are the most difficult to attribute... but only so, when the querant can't figure out who I'm talking about by my description.