Why does my boss treat me unfairly?

tarot_quest

Hi guys,

I have some problems with my boss. He did so many things that are, according to me, not acceptable. I have cried so many times at home (and even at works when nobody saw me...) because he treats me like, sorry, but like shit. Since 3 years. I have to lead my own project. He brings me in a directions (then avoids me for 5-6 months) to then tell me to forget most of the things that I worked on to do something else (just because he never takes the time to help me, because he has difficulty dealing with his emotions and he likes me (but treat me unfairly compared to other students...). He will be in a bad mood with me, but nice to other people, for absolutely no reasons (except that he has, according to tarot and what I think, some problems with his wife and like I said, I am sure that he feels attracted by me). But still, there is no reason to treat people like this!

Anyways, I was curious and I asked: ''why did this situation happen to me? (with my boss)'' and I got 5 of pentacles!

The last time he did spend only 10 minutes with me (it was supposed to be an important an long meeting since he avoid me for so long) I felt he was nervous and I ask why to tarot?: I got 5 of cups (meaning that he has emotional conflict)

To me, it means that I have to learn to deal with problems at work, difficult people and unpleasant situations (which happened a LOT!)

Also, I know it might sounds really silly, but at some point it was so difficult (I really thought about stopping my PhD) and I asked ''is it because of bad karma, do I deserve it?'' and I got Rx page of cups

I already got this card when I am really desperate and tarot is trying to tell me that I lack self confidence.

What do you think? This challenge was on my way to make my stronger? I try to understand this suffering to give it a positive meaning I think.

Thanks!

theblackdahlia

Hi guys,

I have some problems with my boss. He did so many things that are, according to me, not acceptable. I have cried so many times at home (and even at works when nobody saw me...) because he treats me like, sorry, but like shit. Since 3 years. I have to lead my own project. He brings me in a directions (then avoids me for 5-6 months) to then tell me to forget most of the things that I worked on to do something else (just because he never takes the time to help me, because he has difficulty dealing with his emotions and he likes me (but treat me unfairly compared to other students...). He will be in a bad mood with me, but nice to other people, for absolutely no reasons (except that he has, according to tarot and what I think, some problems with his wife and like I said, I am sure that he feels attracted by me). But still, there is no reason to treat people like this!

Anyways, I was curious and I asked: ''why did this situation happen to me? (with my boss)'' and I got 5 of pentacles!

The last time he did spend only 10 minutes with me (it was supposed to be an important an long meeting since he avoid me for so long) I felt he was nervous and I ask why to tarot?: I got 5 of cups (meaning that he has emotional conflict)

To me, it means that I have to learn to deal with problems at work, difficult people and unpleasant situations (which happened a LOT!)

Also, I know it might sounds really silly, but at some point it was so difficult (I really thought about stopping my PhD) and I asked ''is it because of bad karma, do I deserve it?'' and I got Rx page of cups

I already got this card when I am really desperate and tarot is trying to tell me that I lack self confidence.

What do you think? This challenge was on my way to make my stronger? I try to understand this suffering to give it a positive meaning I think.

Thanks!

Yeah, he's got a ton of emotional issues at home .. don't take it personally... he just brings his issues to work. You blaming yourself or karma for this isn't gonna help you, as you have turned the cup upside down and let the little fish out on the ground... pick it up! don't spill your fishes for some crabby old dude... remember your dreams this card says, remember what you are meant for, remember what a beautiful heart you have...remember what you've worked hard for... the page had to go scoop up the fish from the ocean, why let it go?

also, if he's a doctor, especially one in charge... they're assholes... they all have these huge egos and think everyone owe's them something, don't take it personally. get what you're there for, kill him with kindness, and say BYE! with a big smile on your face.

Padma

Why is it so difficult? 5 Pents - the establishment does not seem to care, one way or the other, not helping you. All the fives link to the Hierophant, who is the element or spirit of conservative ways, and socially acceptable mores and behaviours. If you are a woman, that may be one of the reasons you are not treated with respect by this authority (the boss).

Why is he like this? 5 of Cups - as Dahlia said, dealing with his own emotions and disappointments, stuck in the past, unable to see what is in front of him, blinded by a lack of awareness for what is around him. Mourning his youth, perhaps? Feeling old and frustrated?

Is it bad karma, do you deserve it? Page Cup rx - Well, this Page rx can mean being unrealistic, a little over-dramatic, not focusing on reality, a little immature yet. (as in, you may be still young, and maybe a little inexperienced when it comes to the hard knocks of real life) So to call it your karma or bad karma is probably overstating things, IMO, easy to see it that way perhaps, because you are upset and depressed about the situation.

If anything, it is his bad karma, because he is losing out, and not learning to treat people nicely, thus drawing more negativity to himself. It probably does not have a lot to do with you. :)

In any case, you are learning a lot of valuable lessons in how to deal with unkind people, and this world has many such people, so I wouldn't see this as a total loss! Take it for what it is, and move on when you can!

It is hard to guess at the elemental balance here, because you have asked three separate questions, but with two Cups and only one Pent, I would say you are allowing your emotions to sweep you along...and losing your groundedness. I know this is easy for me to say, because I am not in your situation, but maybe try to detach yourself emotionally...? That way, you will see what is happening more clearly, and that will help you to not get so upset about it. :heart: The good thing is, you do still have some earth there to stand on!

In any case it will make it easier for you to move on, right? :) Keep your head up! We have all had nasty bosses! (in fact, I have had several :p)

onesun

Yeah, with the 5pents (and using the other reading I did for you that had Heirophant rx as 'excommunicated'.) it shows being outside in the cold, not able access the inner sanctuary, an outcast. So maybe look at your own fears of exclusion and see if maybe your are projecting something here.

5 cups is him self-absorbed. Not able to see two cups (shown here as you both) as worthy. He's prob threatened by you in some way. Distancing you. Not willing/able to connect.

Page cups rx, there's a loss of trust, and by your dealings with him it's understandable. Showing also what Padma said, a little innocent, immature maybe with how you deal with adversity, in this case, maybe in the way others are unable to give of their emotions. You see unfairness and don't quite know how to let it slide off, like water off your shoulders. It's because you care that you are finding difficulty. His approval of you is important, otherwise it wouldn't matter in the least.

The best thing I can tell you is, right now it seems highly important. The time will come soon when you will hardly give this a moments thought, seeing it's simply not worth you wasting your energy. You are giving him a certain power over you that, I know doesn't seem like it, but it is by your own decision. Reclaim your power, let it roll off your shoulders, it will take the sting out it.

tarot_quest

Thanks theBlackDahlia :)

You are right and I find your answer really comforting. Yes he has a big ego that would not pass the door ;)

Why is it so difficult? 5 Pents - the establishment does not seem to care, one way or the other, not helping you. All the fives link to the Hierophant, who is the element or spirit of conservative ways, and socially acceptable mores and behaviours. If you are a woman, that may be one of the reasons you are not treated with respect by this authority (the boss).

Is it bad karma, do you deserve it? Page Cup rx - Well, this Page rx can mean being unrealistic, a little over-dramatic, not focusing on reality, a little immature yet. (as in, you may be still young, and maybe a little inexperienced when it comes to the hard knocks of real life) So to call it your karma or bad karma is probably overstating things, IMO, easy to see it that way perhaps, because you are upset and depressed about the situation.

If anything, it is his bad karma, because he is losing out, and not learning to treat people nicely, thus drawing more negativity to himself. It probably does not have a lot to do with you. :)

It is hard to guess at the elemental balance here, because you have asked three separate questions, but with two Cups and only one Pent, I would say you are allowing your emotions to sweep you along...and losing your groundedness. I know this is easy for me to say, because I am not in your situation, but maybe try to detach yourself emotionally...? That way, you will see what is happening more clearly, and that will help you to not get so upset about it. :heart: The good thing is, you do still have some earth there to stand on!

In any case it will make it easier for you to move on, right? :) Keep your head up! We have all had nasty bosses! (in fact, I have had several :p)

Padma, thanks a lot

You really have a psychic gift, or a strong intuition. You said: ''the establishment does not seem to care, one way or the other, not helping you''. Around Christmas time, I even contacted another supervisor for help and guidance. I told him what was wrong with my supervisor and basically, he told me that I was too sensitive and dramatizing things. So you are right, I didn't get support from my establishment (other supervisors) nor from my own supervisor (and yes, the fact that I am a women does not seem to help...) So good job for 5 of pent!

That is so interesting you are right that I should detach myself emotional and guess what? 3 days ago I asked what I should do for this situation and I got Rx ace of cups :) I understood the meaning here ! : Be detached and stop putting your emotions in that situation, it does not worth it. Try to have ''no emotions'' when you are with him, whatever how he treats you. I find it cool that you saw this too, and the cards as well

For the karma story, I guess that yes, it might be a bit immature from me (page of cups Rx) but when you try to understand the rules behind this world, I guess that some people already thought about karma when nothing is working/or they get depressed (Is it my fault-type of question). I also agree that it is quite negative and I understood that the cards were saying that I was lacking self confidence to say this.

Thanks for your inputs, I wonder if you are as good to read for yourself! :)

tarot_quest

5 cups is him self-absorbed. Not able to see two cups (shown here as you both) as worthy. He's prob threatened by you in some way. Distancing you. Not willing/able to connect.

Page cups rx, there's a loss of trust, and by your dealings with him it's understandable. Showing also what Padma said, a little innocent, immature maybe with how you deal with adversity, in this case, maybe in the way others are unable to give of their emotions. You see unfairness and don't quite know how to let it slide off, like water off your shoulders. It's because you care that you are finding difficulty. His approval of you is important, otherwise it wouldn't matter in the least.

The best thing I can tell you is, right now it seems highly important. The time will come soon when you will hardly give this a moments thought, seeing it's simply not worth you wasting your energy. You are giving him a certain power over you that, I know doesn't seem like it, but it is by your own decision. Reclaim your power, let it roll off your shoulders, it will take the sting out it.

Hi onesun :)

Yes I agree for your interpretation for the 5 of cups and Rx page of cups! I also agree with 5 of pent (feeling ostracized).

I really like the end of your message ''right now it seems highly important. The time will come soon when you will hardly give this a moments thought''. This is so true

Grizabella

When I saw the 5 of Pentacles in answer to "why is this happening", it seemed obvious. It's happening because you need the money you get from this job. You need it to get you through school.

Like someone else said, many doctors (many!) think they're gods and that everyone else who isn't a doctor is a peon and worthy only of being a whipping boy (or girl). I understand how you feel, but I think that's the problem---you allow yourself to feel too much. He takes his own emotional fits (5 of Cups) out on you and other students. Don't feel alone---I'm sure he treats others the same way. You just don't see it.

The Page of Cups reversed? Well, this little Page has this fish in a cup and he's offering it to someone, but then he trips over a stone. Reversed, the fish spilled and being only a little Page, the poor little boy feels like it's the end of the world. He's deserving of being in trouble, he thinks/feels. What I always tell people to remember (when I read for them or talk to them about problems) is that feelings are not facts. They're just feelings. That's it. If you can accept and put that to use, it will help you a lot, I think.

You're there to accomplish making a living till you get your doctoral degree. So in effect, you're "employing" him as your means to get your education finished and he's being a very difficult employee to say the least. Maybe you could "fire" him by getting a different job for the rest of your education?

tarot_quest

-I'm sure he treats others the same way. You just don't see it.

Maybe you could "fire" him by getting a different job for the rest of your education?

Hi Grizabella,

thanks for your reply. But I have to disagree with you on some points. Yes feeling are subjective and I also think that the best thing that I can do is to do not put feelings in this situation (which I slowly started to do lately because if I don't, I will be mentally drained)

However, when I say that he is unfair, it is because I see him interacting with other students every day and I talk to them (we are a small team). I can tell you objectively that he is often unfair with me, and this statement was also confirmed by some of my colleagues.

Moreover, you said that I got 5 of pent because I need money to pay my education. The reality is that I am almost poor since 4 years. We receive just enough money to eat and have an apartment, nothing enough impressive to save money if I would get accepted to Medschool

Thanks for the advice to continue my PhD with another supervisor. I tried at some points but the establishment (another director) strongly suggested me to do not do that.

The positive aspect in this situation is that I am stronger now and I know how to deal with difficult people who have ups and downs.

All the best :)

Aminegy

The positive aspect in this situation is that I am stronger now and I know how to deal with difficult people who have ups and downs.
Hi,

You got two 5s. Between 1~10, 5 is in the middle. And 5 represents challenges.

So I think during the journey, it is a necessary challenge for you to get through.

Because of your boss' emotional baggage(5 of cups), you feel you are like an outsider (5 of pentacles) tolerating the unfairness.

But it is not a set thing, karma , for page of cups rev. is not a major arcana. Your boss' unsupportiveness is just because of his personal emotion. Please don't don't take it personally even he only treats you like that. Maybe it is kind of "transference" in motion.

Maybe you can draw more cards and rephrase your question. e.g. What can I do/What do I need to know according to this relationship with my boss? What lessons do the situation bring to me?

Best Wishes,

Tarot is your best friend!!~

tarot_quest

Hi,

You got two 5s. Between 1~10, 5 is in the middle. And 5 represents challenges.

So I think during the journey, it is a necessary challenge for you to get through.

Because of your boss' emotional baggage(5 of cups), you feel you are like an outsider (5 of pentacles) tolerating the unfairness.

But it is not a set thing, karma , for page of cups rev. is not a major arcana. Your boss' unsupportiveness is just because of his personal emotion. Please don't don't take it personally even he only treats you like that. Maybe it is kind of "transference" in motion.

Maybe you can draw more cards and rephrase your question. e.g. What can I do/What do I need to know according to this relationship with my boss? What lessons do the situation bring to me?

Best Wishes,

Tarot is your best friend!!~

Animegy :)

What a coincidence! I posted this thread almost 2 weeks ago and you got back to me today! Another situation happened with him at last Thursday. He was really rude and left me helpless. I cried again at work (hidden somewhere!). Your reply touched me, thanks! Yes, this challenge is really difficult for my mental health... Today I stayed at home (doing some personal work) because last week was just WAY too much for me :(

I asked why he treated me like that again last week and I got Rx page of cups + 5 of wands.

Yes, he is putting is emotional problem on me and he is also scared to spend time with me because he feels attracted. He even insulted me for the first time verbally last week!

I do REALLY hope that this situation will make of me a better person (able to deal with crisis). I want to go in medicine so maybe there is a link...? Learning to deal with abusive people.

Thanks again xox