Why hasn't he called?

kmagdalena09

It's very possible I laid out these cards prematurely, I only met him Saturday. Nevertheless, many people say he'll call the next day or not at all, so I thought I'd ask.

I have a pretty optimistic view of what the cards say so I'd like to see if my head is just off in the clouds and you guys see something different. Standard RW deck, fourfold vision spread.

overall idea - knight of cups
physical vision - magician
mental vision - 2 of swords
emotional vision - the star
mystical/spiritual vision - knight of pentacles

Well, knight of cups is romantic, so I'd say he likes me, and is mentally torn as to when and how to contact me (2 swords) but wants to remain cool and collected, be the master of the game (magician)...although he's got hope that things will turn out for the best (the star). Knight of pents I see as someone dependable so hopefully he will follow through. Any other views?

Ocean Bliss

Knight of Cups as the overall idea suggests that you see him as a complete hottie so you might not have your feet entirely on the ground.

The Magician as the physical vision can suggest that you've been bedazzled by him. He is a smooth talker and very charismatic but there might also be a huge question mark hanging over your head. Is what is underneath as good as what is on the surface.

Two of Swords as your mental vision might suggest that you need to stop and think- look beneath the surface and take a step back. Just as the woman on the card is blindfolded- you might have missed something in the glamour that he has presented to you.

The Star as your emotional vision certainly can suggest hope and you certainly want to get closer to him but considering the Star's idealistic nature, I'm wondering if you really have got 'stars in your eyes' with this fellow.

Knight of Pentacles may suggest that there is substance behind the glamour but I would make sure that it is there before moving ahead. I would get to know him better first. He might very well turn out to be genuine but I wouldn't rush into things just yet.

Overall I think the cards are telling you to slow down and take things a bit more slowly. Knight of Cups, The Magician and the Star do show that you have been swept off your feet but Two of Swords and Knight of Pentacles advise caution- don't get carried away.

kmagdalena09

Knight of Cups as the overall idea suggests that you see him as a complete hottie so you might not have your feet entirely on the ground.

The Magician as the physical vision can suggest that you've been bedazzled by him. He is a smooth talker and very charismatic but there might also be a huge question mark hanging over your head. Is what is underneath as good as what is on the surface.

Two of Swords as your mental vision might suggest that you need to stop and think- look beneath the surface and take a step back. Just as the woman on the card is blindfolded- you might have missed something in the glamour that he has presented to you.

The Star as your emotional vision certainly can suggest hope and you certainly want to get closer to him but considering the Star's idealistic nature, I'm wondering if you really have got 'stars in your eyes' with this fellow.

Knight of Pentacles may suggest that there is substance behind the glamour but I would make sure that it is there before moving ahead. I would get to know him better first. He might very well turn out to be genuine but I wouldn't rush into things just yet.

Overall I think the cards are telling you to slow down and take things a bit more slowly. Knight of Cups, The Magician and the Star do show that you have been swept off your feet but Two of Swords and Knight of Pentacles advise caution- don't get carried away.

Hi OC,

Thanks for your input. Actually the whole reason why I'm surprised I haven't heard from him is because he's the one that acted so starry eyed with me; I was kind of indifferent but he just kept going at it. So, I finally gave in and gave him my number; figured I'd see where it goes. BUT, the way I tie that into what you suggested is that perhaps I've gotten carried away with dreaming up his opinion of me and maybe he is just a smooth talker -- maybe he says all of those things to many girls on a given Saturday night. ;)

Still doesn't answer the question of whether or not I'll hear from him though! Argh. But I guess that's not what I asked lol.

Melisandre

overall idea - knight of cups
physical vision - magician
mental vision - 2 of swords
emotional vision - the star
mystical/spiritual vision - knight of pentacles

Well, knight of cups is romantic, so I'd say he likes me, and is mentally torn as to when and how to contact me (2 swords) but wants to remain cool and collected, be the master of the game (magician)...although he's got hope that things will turn out for the best (the star). Knight of pents I see as someone dependable so hopefully he will follow through. Any other views?

My take is a little different. I see the cards as being in reference to how HE feels, since the question was why he hasn't called. The reading is not about you, so the cards, in my opinion, aren't reflecting your feelings about the situation but his.

With the Knight/Cups here I'm thinking that on some level he definitely is/was interested in you. However the trouble with the Knight/Cups is that sometimes he is more excited by the pursuit than he is of the actual person. Meaning, it could be that he was most excited by the prospect of flirting, romancing, and winning you over. The idea of a committed relationship could be an entirely different story. Coupled with The Magician I get the feeling that he might have pulled the wool over our eyes so to speak. He got you to believe that he was really, really interested as a means to an end (the ego boost of getting your number). But in reality it seems he's still undecided about you. 2/Swords tells us that he is willfully avoiding taking action because he's not sure which way to go. The Star often makes me think of something that's out of reach, or at least something that is still a long way off - he likes the idea of a relationship but he really isn't ready for it yet. Likewise, he likes you but he isn't in a place yet where he can really have you in the traditional sense.

kmagdalena09

My take is a little different. I see the cards as being in reference to how HE feels, since the question was why he hasn't called. The reading is not about you, so the cards, in my opinion, aren't reflecting your feelings about the situation but his.

With the Knight/Cups here I'm thinking that on some level he definitely is/was interested in you. However the trouble with the Knight/Cups is that sometimes he is more excited by the pursuit than he is of the actual person. Meaning, it could be that he was most excited by the prospect of flirting, romancing, and winning you over. The idea of a committed relationship could be an entirely different story. Coupled with The Magician I get the feeling that he might have pulled the wool over our eyes so to speak. He got you to believe that he was really, really interested as a means to an end (the ego boost of getting your number). But in reality it seems he's still undecided about you. 2/Swords tells us that he is willfully avoiding taking action because he's not sure which way to go. The Star often makes me think of something that's out of reach, or at least something that is still a long way off - he likes the idea of a relationship but he really isn't ready for it yet. Likewise, he likes you but he isn't in a place yet where he can really have you in the traditional sense.

That makes sense, especially since he's a Taurus; they're stubborn, need time to think, require patience, etc. I pulled the Knight of Pents a second time after this to clarify and I think that really represents him as a person. Whether that definitely means he'll call, I don't know, but if there's one thing I associate the Knight of Pents with, it's patience. "Slow to action but relentless after set in motion" I think was a good description I read once. So you're probably right about 2 of Swords meaning he's pondering and deciding. It seems to be up in the air and he's the opposite of impulsive ol' me. Thanks!