Wildwood or Tarot of the Sidhe?

HighPriestess

They aren't high on my list, but they're both intriguing in their own way. I like the overall look of the Sidhe, but the Wildwood's art is more appealing to me. I wish I could see more of the cards, though.

So, if you had to choose one (and only one, since I only have enough money for one) which one would you pick.

cardlady22

I'm on the fence with them myself. I have a feeling that I will buy the Wildwood before the Sidhe.

Libra8ca

Same here. I've decided against buying the Sidhe for now in favour of the Wildwood. Based on the cards I've seen so far I prefer the artwork of the Wildwood. This deck seems more calm to me where as the Sidhe is very busy with lots going on. There are a few cards in the Sidhe that I don't like that much but of course there are also many gorgeous ones. A difficult decision indeed!

GryffinSong

I really like the artwork on the Wildwood. I've definately got my eye on it, and am waiting to hear from folks who buy it.

Cerulean

Now or later?

HighPriestess said:
They aren't high on my list, but they're both intriguing in their own way. I like the overall look of the Sidhe, but the Wildwood's art is more appealing to me. I wish I could see more of the cards, though.

So, if you had to choose one (and only one, since I only have enough money for one) which one would you pick.

The Sidhe is available now and it will be some time for the Wildwood.

So if you like the art of the Sidhe, I'd go for it now. If you aren't certain, I'd suggest waiting some more.

If you feel that you could be content to wait to see how the Wildwood looks, then you have your answer---set aside and "bank" the money and keep looking at or for scans of both...and one that feels right will call to you!

Best wishes on your choosing!

Cerulean

HighPriestess

Okay, I just wanted to chime in and say that the man with the stag head on the Wildwood's box is creeping me out. He looks like an extra in that awful remake of "The Wicker Man"!

I wonder if he's the Heirophant? I've never gotten along with that card. He certainly has an air of authority that I associate with the Heirophant.

Flaxen

Well, here is one vote for the Tarot of the Sidhe. The art has a real visionary quality. They are wonderfully deep and spiritual cards but can equally be used for everyday readings. There are so many layers to each card. By contrast, the art in the Wildwood (lovely as it is) seems to lack that depth. I've had these cards for a few weeks now and it has had the extraordinary effect of making me lose my desire for new decks. :)

On the other hand, the cards of the Sidhe are on the large size so if you prefer smaller decks this will be a point against them.

In summary, if you want a beautiful, visionary deck with real depth go for the Sidhe. :)

HighPriestess

Yeah, I should mention that I have smaller-than-average hands. The largest decks I have are the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle and the Green Man Tree Oracle.

I shuffle them by scattering them, so it solves that problem.