Will he get my number: 8 of Swords?

kmagdalena09

A little while ago I posted about a coworker whose friendship I greatly enjoyed; unfortunately he had picked a feud with me after I had turned cold when he started hitting on me. I really wanted things to go back to how they used to be. Today while on the job, I made an effort to help him with some work tasks, and he seemed to be coming around again. An affectionate but platonic touch, asking me how I am and how I'm feeling, etc.

Well...tonight, I also unexpectedly quit that job. :D although I'm very happy with this decision as I was highly underpaid for my skill/experience level and this was just a tiny weekend position, we never did exchange numbers. We just had this weird work relationship.

There are plenty of ways for him to get my contact info; all the supervisors, which are also our friends, have it. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure we're all in a group text together in which I had signed my name. But will he? Not the entire spread, but the last and final card representing overview and outcome was the 8 of Swords.

I get the feeling from this that when he finds out, he will feel...not necessarily betrayed, but surprised, ticked off and confused, leading to no action at all. Especially since it was next to the 5 of Swords...he'll definitely be feeling "left behind." Is that how you'd see it too?

nisaba

Probably not. I'd just see the Eight Swords as indicating that by leaving the job, you've made it harder to repair the friendship - you've placed limits on it.

Thirty years ago I had a putative friendship with someone, then I changed jobs, moved out of town and even legally changed my name. A few years ago I asked if I'd ever (even coincidentally) run into that person again, and I got the Eight Swords, indicating that I had made it harder to do so.

And I think you've made it harder for him to get in touch with you. (He may have had limited storage on his phone so deleted all old messages, your work superiors might be ethical and abide by the law of not disclosing employees' private details, etc etc.)

kmagdalena09

Probably not. I'd just see the Eight Swords as indicating that by leaving the job, you've made it harder to repair the friendship - you've placed limits on it.

Thirty years ago I had a putative friendship with someone, then I changed jobs, moved out of town and even legally changed my name. A few years ago I asked if I'd ever (even coincidentally) run into that person again, and I got the Eight Swords, indicating that I had made it harder to do so.

And I think you've made it harder for him to get in touch with you. (He may have had limited storage on his phone so deleted all old messages, your work superiors might be ethical and abide by the law of not disclosing employees' private details, etc etc.)

Ohhh. That sounds so obvious now that you've said it but I didn't think about it like that. I guess I've always thought of 8 of swords as self imposed limitations in the mind, not actual ones.

nisaba

<smile> Tarot cards are not always High and Esoteric and Symbolic and Spiritual - sometimes they just show it as it is.

kmagdalena09

<smile> Tarot cards are not always High and Esoteric and Symbolic and Spiritual - sometimes they just show it as it is.

Well, the as-is physical visual of the 8 of swords is a person who thinks they're stuck but can actually easily get out. At least that's how I've always seen it.

rwcarter

You didn't ask how he'd feel about you quitting. You asked if he'd be able to get your number. The 8 Swords suggests that no, he won't be able to get it because his "hands will be tied" which I take to mean he won't be able to utilize any resources available to him to get it.

Friend or not, anyone in a managerial position can very quickly find themselves in hot water by passing along contact info for former employees. So I wouldn't count that as a resource that's available to him. 8 Swords suggests that he either doesn't have or can't find (or maybe even doesn't remember) the group text, so that's not an option either.

kmagdalena09

You didn't ask how he'd feel about you quitting. You asked if he'd be able to get your number. The 8 Swords suggests that no, he won't be able to get it because his "hands will be tied" which I take to mean he won't be able to utilize any resources available to him to get it.

Friend or not, anyone in a managerial position can very quickly find themselves in hot water by passing along contact info for former employees. So I wouldn't count that as a resource that's available to him. 8 Swords suggests that he either doesn't have or can't find (or maybe even doesn't remember) the group text, so that's not an option either.

It depends on the work environment though. Nobody would get in trouble for passing a number along there, I promise you. They're even posted on one of the walls, but he'd have to make the effort on going to it and writing it down. But, he may even feel mentally tied up, like he doesn't want the others to know he'd like to keep communicating with me, etc.