Will he return? Wishful thinking or inevitability?

cheapthrills

Deck: rider Waite

I asked the tarot about a man who I've met in passing over the past three years. He travels through for work and the last I saw him we had such a beautiful and healing connection. We stayed in touch and then it sort of faded as we were both far away physically but I can't shake the connection, it's so strange. I was by him not too long ago and reached out he was very receptive but unfortunately circumstances made it so I didn't see him then. I was disappointed and not sure how it came across. All communications were via texts and messaging. I have him in my heart and thoughts and feel very confused. I've done a lot of readings and need to make this the last one for a bit. Some of them seem to indicate he's coming back with a loud confirmation from intuition. Others confirm fears that the it's only a one sided connection on my end and that he is not likely to return or reciprocate my feelings of connection. This reading will be the last one I do for a while so as to have faith in the cards and to stop confusing myself further.

I asked about the course of our relationship past present and future. I also asked his next action and advice for me.

Past - two of cups: indicating loving and healing connection and bond, representing our time together.

Present - devil: honestly I think it warns of codependency on my end and the need to be more grounded in myself and not overanalyzing so much about the relationship. The word obsessive is harsh but I think that it's been renting more space in my head than I would like to admit and I don't always feel in control of that. Certainly a need to release controlling the outcome.

Future - knight of pentacles: a slow return on his end. Perhaps further says I need to stay grounded in myself. I think it will not happen as quickly as I want and will require patience on my end but I see the knight on his horse holding out the pentacles as reciprocity and his slow but eventually return which will be a grounded and very conscious.

His next action - page of wands: I always read this as I will be receiving a message or contact of some sort possibly in regards to creative projects, but in this case could just be him reaching out with a message.

Advice for me - 10 of swords: very clearly let it be. Overkill on my end to stop doing a thousand readings let this be the one for now as nothing has changed in the past month. Not to be the one reach out first and when I do not to be sending him too much to leave space in the communications and to bless and allow for healthy space between us in all interactions as healthy and necessary for connection. To keep it simple and not overwhelm or show neediness. I need to work on my codependency traits so as not to kill relationships and in working through my own issues a new day will dawn.

Card that jumped out - hermit: this has popped out a lot for this. I think it indicates a time of soul searching and healing on my end and I think perhaps he is searching for himself as well whatevr that may mean for him. Also could indicate the age difference between us as he's a little bit older.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated!!!

Am I on target here? Is he coming back or wishful thinking on my end?

What would the knight of pentacles indicate??
Is the page of wands a yes for contact? What about the hermit?

What do you guys sense?

I know there's a deep spiritual healing and connectuon here which I know sounds absurd but the synchronicities have brought so much good and unblocked so many parts of my life through our sharing experiences makes me wonder.

barefootlife

Your interpretation reads as on-target to me. You have/had a good bond, but you're obsessing about it a bit too much and need to give it space to happen. The Knight of Pentacles is loyal and determined, but as Knights go, he's not the one who rushes into things. The Page of Wands is a free spirit and echoes the Knight of Pentacles - let him come to you when he's ready. The 10 of Swords and the Devil are both speaking to you here - chill out, cool your heels, bring your focus away from this guy and towards other things in your life, lest it blow up in your head and become toxic and melodramatic.

The Hermit is a pretty good summation of your entire reading - spend some time with yourself, doing your own things, spend some time in self-reflection about why he's become such a fixation, and let him come to you when he's ready.

Saskia

Let it go. 10 Swords and Hermit scream "It's over" and "you are on your own". I'm sorry to be blunt but your only connection Card is in the past (2C).

Knight of Pents= travels for work, literally.
Page of Wands= exploration, new shores, new adventures. I don't think this is reunion. At most, it would be a flirting text.

Devil = you are keeping yourself in an unhealthy situation due to obsession of wanting to have and own him, whereas he likes to be free (Page of Wands).

QueenOfTemperance

Hey CheapThrills,
I can relate to your situation. I also met a man who lives thousands of miles from me who I had a surreal connection with. He was just traveling through my area to visit friends and we hit it off immediately and spent a ton of time together. We continued Skyping/talking over the phone/texting for a few months after he returned home. However, many circumstances beyond our control just pushed that budding relationship out of the picture for us. This happened almost 3 years ago and honestly, there are still times that it haunts me (I've also gotten a lot of readings over the years on him and let me tell you, they haven't really made things easier).

My best advice, woman to woman, is honestly to really stop yourself from wondering about it. It's easy to get caught up in your head about what happened, what could be, what should be etc...(because I do it too), but it's best to force yourself to always look at the facts. From what I gather from your story, you live far from each other and have fallen out of touch. The phone rings both ways. You had a great connection, but if he is not making an effort to take it further now then don't let yourself worry about what might happen later. Period. I think your cards echo this:

Past - 2 of Cups
Present - Devil
Future - Knight of Pentacles

I agree with Saskia. The only connection card comes up in the past, which validates that you two really did have a good bond as the Cups suit does imply a healing, spiritual, and emotive connection. However, the 2 doesn't necessarily suggest any kind of longevity or promise for future development, if that makes sense, so to me it seems to feed into your current experiences with the Devil. The 2 has sparked a desire to further explore this healing/emotional/intuitive side of yourself that he brought your awareness to, but because he is the only person that stimulated that within you thus far this creates more difficulty in letting him go. You may unconsciously feel he has taken that experience away from you or that he is the only one that can give you that experience so you are losing sight of what is important about this experience and only focusing on him - hence the "obsessive" or at least intense energy you feel right now surrounding this relationship. The Knight leads me to believe that, at least in the near future, this man will be focusing on his own pursuits and will likely not be reaching out to you unless it serves a practical purpose. I don't see a desire or acknowledgment from him that reconnecting is on his mind...at least at this time (keep in mind things always change). I feel this is pretty clear based on the appearance of the Knight as well as....

His next action - Page of Wands

Even though Pages are known to bring messages, you are asking a question that is a Cups matter (i.e. 2 of Cups for the past connection you desire to re-visit) yet pulled a Wands card (as well as a Pentacles card earlier). I believe this card is indicating that he will continue to freely focus on his desires and whatever interests him rather than revisit this connection at this time. I don't see the Page reaching into the past (even the recent past) but rather heading off in a new direction entirely.

Advice for me - 10 of swords

I think that we are all in agreement about this card indicating that you need to just let it be and halt any pursuit of this connection. Your only way forward is to walk away for now.

Card that jumped out - Hermit: this has popped out a lot for this. I think it indicates a time of soul searching and healing on my end

I agree. I think the Hermit's presence here is trying to tell you that this experience is a lesson for you. You need to end the pursuit of this connection for now and pursue truth within yourself. Ask yourself what he triggered in you? Why? What was this connection trying to bring your attention to within yourself? There is a much deeper lesson to be learned here and it has nothing to do with him and everything to do with you.

I hope that made sense! Best of luck to you :heart:

cheapthrills

Ithank you all for the feedback!

it is clear that letting it go is the answer for me, regardless of his actions/response or lack thereof, while I still obviously desire otherwise I am open to surrender the natural course of events.

barefootlife - "let things come to you" has been a good mantra for me (when I can remember it!) and your post reminds me of this. to let go and allow for space and the natural course of events, whatever they may be.

saskia - I appreciate your honest interpretation with me, and agree I need to let it go. you speaking about his desire for freedom in the page of wands just gave me another idea for the 10 of swords - swords can represent thoughts/communication, so perhaps its saying to not pin him down! let me him be free, release expectations of this person and allow myself the freedom as well.

queenoftemperance - thank you for sharing your experience with me, I identify with what you're describing. one thing I will say is as far as the distance it is possible I will be relocating within the year. I have shared this with very few and am reluctant to even share much of it here other than I have spent a lot of time getting clear on the fact that it is for my own personal benefit and career, and the less people I have shared it with the more room I give it to grow. I think the reading is clear that i need to let go regardless of my physical location.

wow! that is incredible and I appreciate all the questions posed with the hermit card. there was so much healing and many lessons from the connection. it really opened up parts of myself and allowed me to accept so many things I had been pushing aside, it gave me so much inspiration, showing me many possibilities were within reach whereas I previously thought they weren't and also planted seeds that lead to healing in some very important relationships that I had been struggling to communicate in, and these I believe are only just some of the gifts - the light it has shed on my own patterns and the need for healing my ways of thinking, defense and interaction in relationships has been incredible, it has shown me so many fallacies within my own beliefs about relationships of which I am still learning and healing.

I think if I focus on those gifts like you are describing and spend that time with myself, I will be much better off and happier for it - taking ownership for my own happiness, thank you! I have many goals and pursuits of my own to nurture too and will be better off for it.

if anyone has anything they would like to add?

it would be appreciated, however I am going to spend some time meditating on the questions posed to return the focus to my self. <3

cheapthrills

Hey just want to give an update.

I ended up hearing from the person I gave space and they reached out on their own time. I met up with them and they were affectionate upon us seeing each other but it was a bizarre environment with a lot going on around us both and he was there for work so it was hard to catch up.

He is the slowest knight of pentacles on the planet!!
and my impatience came out through the 10 of swords. I took a lot of his distance and slowness through out the night personally and ended up getting frustrated when he tried re-connecting toward the end of the night, and sort of said things that pushed him away cause i was feeling rejection. We didn't communicate well and then afterwards had a bit of a fight through the phone about unrelated things but ended it with mutual apology and him saying to keep in touch, though no contact yet and I'm still processing.

I did another reading in light of these events about the course of our relationship/connection:

Past - eight of swords: my negative thoughts got the best of me at some parts of the night. Also was feeling powerless over the situation. Thought/emotion. due to me standing between the three and five of swords
- it may just simply elude to the argument we had which required I detach from my feelings from him to discuss a separate matter.

Present - eight of pentacles: well he's back to work and so am I trying to get focused on building a direction for my own life and career. Also I have personally learned new tools and ways of interacting due to these experiences including patience and detachment and am motivated to put the work into my self to continue growing in my interactions.applying lessons learned in the eight of swords.

Future - lovers: I hope this means we will come back together under better circumstances, and that there is a higher power that has been guiding and protecting this whole time and will continue to. I can see the element of choices. Maybe both of our choices concerning work and career in our personal lives will play a role in the future. Perhaps circumstances will create opportunities to connect or some potential yet unseen. I feel he will be his word and we'll stay in touch, perhaps we will come together in the future. Hope.

Does anyone read significance into the two eights echoing strength before the lovers card?

Am I accurately gauging the relationship progression and potential?

cheapthrills

Just wanted to check was it okay to post the second reading here as a follow up or should I have started another thread?