WIN - PLACE - SHOW spread

Sheri

Ever since I started doing Tarot, I have been testing my accuracy every year by predicting the winning horses in the Triple Crown horse races (Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Belmont Stakes). Doing this the first time was what really turned me into a believer because the cards have never been wrong - even when I was sure they had to be. This is also the first and only spread I have ever created (such that it is).

Now some may wonder why if this is so good am I not a bazillionaire living off race winnings. Here's one reason, I can't tell time with the Tarot or playing cards, so I cannot tell what race I am getting the results for unless I do the readings right before the race I want. Does that make sense? For example, if I pull cards first thing in the morning and get 5 - 7 - 2, there will be a race that day that will have that winning combo - but which one will it be? Hence you have to pull the cards before the race you want (at least that's what I have to do with my limited skills). When I do that, I have gotten 100% accurate results (it doesn't have to be minutes before, but it has to be for the next race coming up). Another reason is that I feel that it would be wrong to use it to make money - or that the cards won't work if I try to make money that way. I married for love and have ethics - I am destined to be poor - but happy!

Anyway, here is what I do:

I pull out the Major Arcana that represent the numbers of the horses running. Shuffle and pull 3 cards and think:

WIN - PLACE - SHOW

It seems to work with either Tarot or playing cards (which I tried just today). To adapt to playing cards, just pull out the cards in one suit that represent the horse numbers. I used the Ace through 9 of Diamonds since in cartomancy Diamonds = money/wealth. Of course there would be problems in races like the Kentucky Derby that have more than 13 horses. I expect you could include other suits and assign the additional cards numbers, but I would probably use a Tarot deck if I were going to do a pull for more than 13 horses ( I think the Derby max is 22 ).

Now, if you use this and don't win, please don't sue me! This is just something I have been using for fun for the last 4 or 5 years, and with it being as accurate as it has been, I thought I would share with others to find out if it works for them.

valeria