'Wishes' site on the net?

aware7

I have just come across a site on the net where you type in your wish and must view it on the page for 8 days and then send 8 emails to friends about the site. Supposedly there are 8,000 plus wishes available and a certain no. left.

Am I the only one who not only sees this as attracting the gullible (despite the 'glowing' testimonies that appear on the site) but also as possibly invoking dark powers? Maybe I am taking this too seriously but I wouldn't use it. Even though people are claiming it works.

What do you think?

kinanoe

Sounds like a marketing scam to me. They can get a lot of hits and then sell space to advertisers at a higher rate. Definitely not a legitimate operation.

I wonder though, what about it makes you feel it is open to "dark powers" other than the deception and greediness of the owners of the site?

kazza

Oh I hate those sort of things. I sometimes get text messages or emails off friends that say blah blah, send to this many friends and make a wish and after so many days your suppose to get your wish. Well yes I will say the first time I got one, I thought well I'll give it a go, well I didn't get my wish, and felt very silly indeed for even thinking something like that could come true. I think these things are just a way for phone company etc to make money, hence more people sending texts. Obviously this web site is trying to make money out of doing this somehow.

People are guilible yes, and also people can be so unhappy with there lives and want certain things to happen that they will try anything. I sure did once now I'm not so guilible.

If it does work for some, good for them but I'd say it'd be more from the law of attraction, then by going on this website.

canid

I get these things all the time, emailed by 'friends'. I really hate the threat ones - if you DON'T do this, woe be to you...just a modern version of the chain letters (via snail mail) from years ago. Not even worth reading, even if they have sparkly flashing angels just waiting to grant your wish if you annoy 8 people.

Milfoil

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride, or in this case if wishes were clicks at 10c each then web owners will ride in porches!

My opinion - don't clog up the net and email with this rot which may carry trojans, tracking cookies and goodness knows what else.