World events?

ctrymaus

I am not very good a spread-crafting, so is there a spread/some spreads that would be good for looking at world events and wanting to know how things will go?

Should I use a spread that is sort-of: here is the situation; if this happens, then --> ; but if this other thing happens, then --> ; outcome. This seems pretty spare. Hmm.

I guess I'm hoping for some ready-made spreads for politics and world events. But if there aren't any, could you-all steer me in the direction of how to create a spread for such things?

Thanks!

CountryMouse

Metafizzypop

I love doing readings about world events and things in the news. I made up a spread similar to what you're asking about, and use it when I'm trying either to understand current events, or attempting to predict them. It's based on something taught in journalism school -- the five questions that need to be answered in a news story.

The spread consists of 6 cards -- the five questions from journalism school, and one from the philosophy department.

1. Who
2. What
3. Where
4. When
5. How
6. Why

I just line the cards up in a row. I've gotten good readings from it, too. I call it the Journalist's Spread.

ctrymaus

I love doing readings about world events and things in the news. I made up a spread similar to what you're asking about, and use it when I'm trying either to understand current events, or attempting to predict them. It's based on something taught in journalism school -- the five questions that need to be answered in a news story.

The spread consists of 6 cards -- the five questions from journalism school, and one from the philosophy department.

1. Who
2. What
3. Where
4. When
5. How
6. Why

I just line the cards up in a row. I've gotten good readings from it, too. I call it the Journalist's Spread.

This is great! I'm definitely going to try it! Thank you! :)

CountryMouse