Worrisome cards

Migdal93

When asking the cards my usual what will happen today question, I got 3 cards that got me pretty worried.

Scythe - Lilly - Coffin

Now, the scythe is a card of cutting things. Lillies mean older people, or maybe someone pure. Coffin means ends or big troubles.

I can be totally wrong and I wish I really am, but I saw death. Maybe a grandparent or another older person. Thats where my mind went, instantly.

Shaking that feeling out I tried to see another meaning. Maybe Ill be trying to cut through time to speed some things up and that will not help at all.

These are the meanings I could come up with and I would love to see what others can come up with.

Barleywine

I just opened this thread. I'll get back to you tomorrow with my observations.

Migdal93

Thank you Barleywine!

snowmoon

When asking the cards my usual what will happen today question, I got 3 cards that got me pretty worried.

Scythe - Lilly - Coffin

Now, the scythe is a card of cutting things. Lillies mean older people, or maybe someone pure. Coffin means ends or big troubles.

I can be totally wrong and I wish I really am, but I saw death. Maybe a grandparent or another older person. Thats where my mind went, instantly.

Shaking that feeling out I tried to see another meaning. Maybe Ill be trying to cut through time to speed some things up and that will not help at all.

These are the meanings I could come up with and I would love to see what others can come up with.

hi, i got

Scythe -Coffin a day, it wasn't bad as i think it would be. i thought i might get sick, but i didn't..

the lily for a day, sometimes it is just a long day to my daily draw.

Migdal93

hi, i got

Scythe -Coffin a day, it wasn't bad as i think it would be. i thought i might get sick, but i didn't..

the lily for a day, sometimes it is just a long day to my daily draw.

Hi snowmoon! This makes a lot of sense as well. It was a long day for sure!

Migdal93

So, the whole "cutting through time gives you trouble" seems to make sense.

Mom and I went to get groceries. We wanted to get home soon so we actually forgot a few things.

When mom picked up my sister from school, they went to get those things. But then, trying to get home as soon as they could because both of them had a long day, they forgot my tea!

I really need to stop being so literal, and memorize a few more meanings!

Barleywine

I think how this is read depends largely on the interpretation you give to the Lilies. The oldest reference I have (The "Philippe Lenormnd" sheet) gives it simply as "a happy life." If, on the other hand, you think of it as sexuality, family happiness or an elderly man such as a grandfather, the Scythe on one side and the Coffin on the other could indicate difficulties with any of them, suggesting that whatever is represented by the Lilies would be a "casualty." One "assembly line" combination might be "sexual aggression from a divorced man;" another could be "loss of influence or position as a result of an unfortunate decision." A more imaginative one (strictly from my own imagination, that is) might be taking an elderly man off life support.

Migdal93

I think how this is read depends largely on the interpretation you give to the Lilies. The oldest reference I have (The "Philippe Lenormnd" sheet) gives it simply as "a happy life." If, on the other hand, you think of it as sexuality, family happiness or an elderly man such as a grandfather, the Scythe on one side and the Coffin on the other could indicate difficulties with any of them, suggesting that whatever is represented by the Lilies would be a "casualty." One "assembly line" combination might be "sexual aggression from a divorced man;" another could be "loss of influence or position as a result of an unfortunate decision." A more imaginative one (strictly from my own imagination, that is) might be taking an elderly man off life support.

Thanks so much for your take on it, Barleywine!

I see it as time because Rana George said lilies could be seen as "a long time". Since I had no issues with older man or either of my grandparents that day, the time aspect made a lot of sense.