Would you buy a lenormand you would print yourself?

danielnogo

Hey all, I'm thinking of a really cool idea that would give people a lot of flexibility with the delivery of my lenormand "The Storybook Lenormand."

What would you think of paying like 8 bucks and then being given access to the card images all formatted and ready to print so that if you really want to customize the card stock, size, and put some personal investment in the deck you would be able to do that. Also might help people that are short on cash but full on paper and ink lol.

What do you think?

greatdane

While it sounds great, not for me, I am a lo tech Crone

I like decks ready to go out of the box, rounded edges. I am sure many here would be thrilled, but for those of us who can't or don't want to print it, I hope there is another option.

GotH

I would prefer a turnkey deck myself unless I'm making my own. :)

MoonGypsy

i do not want to print a deck myself...
The most i don't mind doing is corner rounding. :)

reall

@danielnogo :))) tnx 4 opening this topic!^^I had similar idea!^^
but imo it's better to make it possible to order deck!^^ ;))
btw did you try offering it to *big publisher*?;)))

btw what do you people think of *POD quality?;))) and who is your fav? and why?!^^ ;))

danielnogo

Oh yeah I am absolutely going to have my deck available at gamecrafters so that will be no problem but I am just talking about making it an option for people that like it.

reall

:))) probably because this deck is so beautiful people will like to buy real deck!^^
on the other hand if someone/i.e me!^^ ;))) / decide to offer some simple bnw not so beautifuly ilustrated tarot deck maybe you will prefer to print it on your own?;))) anyone?x,X LOLX ;))

edit pdf guidebook included!^^ ;))))

FLizarraga

Hey all, I'm thinking of a really cool idea that would give people a lot of flexibility with the delivery of my lenormand "The Storybook Lenormand."

What would you think of paying like 8 bucks and then being given access to the card images all formatted and ready to print so that if you really want to customize the card stock, size, and put some personal investment in the deck you would be able to do that. Also might help people that are short on cash but full on paper and ink lol.

What do you think?

There are people already doing it (not for $8, regrettably) like Clarissa Drengsen with her Steampunk Tarot, so why not? A cheaper option for DIY types. I believe in options. :)

garmonbozia

I wouldn't be too terribly interested in doing it myself. I'd rather the ease of ordering a deck from a Print on Demand company such as GameCrafter.

If I were a deck artist, I would be worried that offering download files for sale would make it really easy for someone to buy and bootleg my deck. They could easily use those files on a card printing website and purchase dozens of decks to sell themselves.
(Of course anyone could do this with anything, but having the files already formatted makes it too easy, IMO).

magpie9

Since my printer and I mostlly don't get aong, I really think this wouldn't work for me.