Would you say this person feels trapped?

DreamerGirl81

I have been reading for a friend and am wondering what this particular combination of cards means. My friend has been in a relationship with a guy for few months. In "How he truly feels about their relationship position" I got The Devil and Wheel of fortune (and I am reading both minors and majors).

Now I am not sure if the devil means that he feels trapped into staying with her. Another thought that struck me is that he perhaps feels that their connection is deep and fated. But then I would expect to see the Lovers or 2 of cups with wheel. Not sure about the devil in this instance.

Any thoughts?

blueviolet

For me, I find an order to the cards helps me find a story to them to make better sense. If you got the Devil, then Wheel, to me that would indicate he's coming from a more devilish type of approach to romance, and he's now at a pinnacle point of flipping over a new leaf -- he's changing to something more pure, more sincere.

Thirteen

DreamerGirl81 said:
Now I am not sure if the devil means that he feels trapped into staying with her.
There's trapped and there's trapped. Imagine you're the guy. You're about to break up with the girl. As you open your mouth she says: "I'm Pregnant" :eek: That's one way of being trapped. Now imagine the same scenario, only this time before the guy can say anything the girl says, "Let's have a threesome." ;)

Different sort of "trapped." THAT is the Devil/Wheel of Fortune sort of "trapped." He feels free to leave any time, not "trapped" by some obligation or responsibility. But he also feels that he's addicted to good fortune. Putting it another way, he feels so lucky to be with this girl, that those feeling are almost a sort of addiction or chain. It's like he's at a gambling table and anytime he contemplates whether or not it's time to leave, the wheel spins and he wins big. So how can he walk away?

This is not as bad as feeling trapped, but it's not good either. He shouldn't feel that he can't leave her because he's never had it so good and fears he'll never have it so good again.

Hannafate

The combination can also be read as, "Of all the luck..." Sort of feeling like things have gone wrong, but in a comical way.

Chanel

I often look at the devil as 'alternative lifestyles'. Like blueviolet, I would like to see the order of the cards and any surrounding cards. I would take the wheel of fortune and the Devil in this instance, ' how he feels about their relationship'.. that may be will .. 'get some'.. finds her attractive and a turn on, and when the going is good.. its great.

Reason I say this, is the Devil has that overwhelming hedonistic feel for me.. libido ruling everything. so.. how he feels.. he's being controlled by his libido. I wouldn't think that he's looking at it in an emotional way.. just a 'feeling' way.. to be honest,if you wanted to know how his emotions are with the reading.. I would probably ask a question regarding his emotions towards your friend instead of how he feels.. as it seems. he may be quite lustful after her.