Wow! a.k.a "Just got the Gill Tarot"!

sunflowr

A few days ago, I came across the Gill tarot at my local psychic shop (psychic eye, in burbank CA.. for those who live around me), and I couldn't resist buying it.. even though I'll probably be getting another copy through a trade! ;) I can tell this is going to be a favorite deck, so I definitely don't mind having 2 copies of it.

Anyway, I did my 1st reading with it just now, and I am beside myself! First, I shuffled the deck real well, and the Tower sort of did a flip and then fell out face up. I acknowledged it and thought to myself, "haha! Watch me pull that card again when I fan it out".

So, I finished shuffling, and fanned the deck out, and picked my card of the day. And guess what card I got? You guessed it. Tower!

This deck is brand new and already connecting to me! Another proof of that is: I am currently reading a book called "A Wish Can Change Your Life". Basically it's about having a wish, a goal, something you feel a purpose to work towards, and running it through a 10 week program of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, from Crown to Kingdom. I just started, and am on week 1 - Crown. I'm supposed to watch for signs that have to do with that - such as "crowns". One of the figures falling out of the Tower in the Gill is wearing a crown. I asked, "what is being shaken up in my life or causing the shake up?" and I got Death. The Death Angel is also wearing a crown.

I just wanted to share this story with you Gill Tarot fans. I know there's a few older threads on here somewhere, but I'd like to hear from present users of the deck.

This is really powerful stuff! (I sound like an MSN ad. ;) )

wizzle

wonderful that you like your Gill so well. I have the deck too but it is not among my favorites. I bought it on a recommendation from a friend.

Many excellent readings to you and your deck.

sunflowr

Thanks! :)

The majors are a pretty easy read, and pretty much any tarot book will help me delve into meanings more. The minors and courts will be more of a challenge. In another thread, I said I am going to start a notebook of meanings I find or pick up myself for the Gill, and it'll be my own book of meanings. I dont think I want to get the book that comes with it, at least not yet. I hear it's quite "heady" and doesnt give much in the way of practical usage or meanings for the cards. I need that first, so I think it will be fun working on my notebook.

It's a beautiful deck, very creatively portrayed meanings. Love it!

Sulis

Hi sunflowr,

This deck used to get talked about a lot around here - not so much lately :)

I did a search for you and came up with some old threads that you may find interesting.
http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php?searchid=266410

Enjoy :)

Love

Sulis xx

Starlily

Hi sunflower! I'm a big fan of the Gill as well. It was the only deck I worked with for a long time. The book is indeed very "heady." It's not light reading that's for sure. I love her court cards. They are so exquisitely drawn and very interesting to work with. Keeping a notebook just for Gill is a great idea.

sunflowr

I've since changed my mind about the book. ;) I think it would probably be good to read it, even if the meanings arent quite dealing with "regular" everyday stuff. I still think I could get alot out of it. But I definitely plan on keeping a notebook of my own thoughts and feelings of each card.

So far, the readings I get are quite clear! :)