WOW! New Orleans Sabian Symbol

Sophie

In frustration, having sent light, prayers and money, I turned to our ancient oracle on the Lynda Hill's website: "What will happen now in New Orleans?"

Here is what I got:

Scorpio 11
A DROWNING MAN IS BEING RESCUED

Well, just in case I missed the message, this is Lynda's commentary:
This symbol indicates someone being overpowered or overcome by their inability to cope emotionally. Know that help is at hand and soon you'll be able to `breathe' easily again.

Keywords: Resuscitation. Regaining one's breath. Being rescued. Finding life renewed. Salvation.

There is some reassurance in that.

Imagemaker

I, too, feel that something will finally shift today.

Corporations are pouring in creative donations. And the US has a 3-day weekend to give us space to watch and discuss and react.

It's about time.

huredriel

Very apt and very very reassuring Helvetica

Sophie

I wonder if the slowness of the response is not explained by the commentary Lynda gave to this Symbol? specifically "someone being overpowered or overcome by their inability to cope emotionally"?

It seems not only the people of New Orleans, but the whole US - indeed the whole world! - has been stunned by this tragedy. This could explain the sluggishness. Our imagination is just too small, our emotions dwarfed by the size of the natural disaster and the exposure of how unprepared people and officials were. The fact it is happening in the richest country in the world (even if New Orleans has much poverty) contributed to that feeling.

I am glad things are rolling. I heard that several rappers had donated large amounts. Good on them! I am glad the corporations are using their considerable ressources and creative experience in this. I imagine a 3-day week-end gives plenty of time for people to put pressure on their officials, too!

Still amazed by the synchronicity of this symbol, though.

sunflowr

Helvetica said:
In frustration, having sent light, prayers and money, I turned to our ancient oracle on the Lynda Hill's website: "What will happen now in New Orleans?"

Here is what I got:

Scorpio 11
A DROWNING MAN IS BEING RESCUED

Well, just in case I missed the message, this is Lynda's commentary:
This symbol indicates someone being overpowered or overcome by their inability to cope emotionally. Know that help is at hand and soon you'll be able to `breathe' easily again.

Keywords: Resuscitation. Regaining one's breath. Being rescued. Finding life renewed. Salvation.

There is some reassurance in that.

Wow, that is amazing! I love that website, and it's how I've been getting alot of my symbols lately. I'm starting a separate thread, about picking symbols off the website.

Elven

Hi All - theres another AMAZING symbol that Has to do with New Orleans and its the Latitude and Longitude calculation for its position:
This has to do with the Location, environment etc - ant town can be calculated, but this is so bizarre. Note the Symbol heading ...

It wont suprise Symbollers but its:

Pure Symbol:
(30) ARIES DEGREE 30: A DUCK POND AND ITS YOUNG BROOD.

The duck pond is a place where, within its defined, confined surrounds, their is an environment which supports and nutures the abundant life which it supports. The young brood can find food and shelter there, feel as if they belong, within the confines and the territory of the pond. Secluded and sheltered, it may have its limits, but it also provides all that is essential to maintain the life which has its source.

The Oracle and its geographical relationship/interpretation to New Orleans, illustrates the area/environment almost literally, as the town is below sea level - It is surrounded by a network of leevees to keep the water from invasion. It is a town with discernable limits, as a pond has a surrounding boundary.

Family, friends, clan and tribe have strong bonds in this environment. Discipline, direction, being part of a group or cluster, and following along in the line - are often encouraged so as to keep the 'broods' together - and keeping all within the traditional realms. Mothers feature strongly in this environment, as do any caretaker, teacher, guide or shaman. This is related to keeping others safe as they grow and adventure out to experience life in the real world. The 'pond' is a quiet place of contemplation, comings and goings of those in migration, a place where one can rest along the journey, somewhere to visit. It provides rest and refreshment. The inhabitants enjoy the pleasure of its beauty and its bounty.

'Where can a erson be better than in the bosom of their family' Marmontel Gretry.

The Karmic Symbol:
ARIES DEGREE 29: THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES.
This Symbol provides imagery of melody, harmony syncronicity and beauty. It is an enviroment which resonates and vibrates and provides music to the ears. That New Orleans is synonomous with jazz, Mardi gras and festivities, it is no surprise!
The Spheres relate to the solar system, vibrations, rotations and motion. This harmonic syncronization of the universe is refered to as the Music of the Spheres.
The symbol also suggests that regardless of the path - listening to the 'tune' and being in tune with ones inner ear (intuition) brings messages and insight. Astrology and astronomy bring understanding to the rythm of the seasons.
Keywords: Chords, music, harmony, Circadian rythms, the sound of water over rocks and crystals, the voice of the planets, wheels, clocks, octaves.

There's music in the sighing of a reed; There's music in the gushing of a rill; There's music in all things, if men had ears; The earth is but an echoe of the spheres'. Byron.

The Quest Symbol:
TAURUS DEGREE 1: A CLEAR MOUNTAIN STREAM FLOWS STEADILY DOWNSTREAM.
This Symbol depicts a flow of water, as life itself moves from its source to the ocean, during this time everchanging, making its way over the beds that contain it. Nothing can really stop the course of its flow. To contain it, it accumulates energy and with burst to keep going. Water just goes on, over, around, forever, onward.
The Oracle explains that like a stream, the course is already set. Water which is motionless is stagnent. Icy waters represent isolation and alienation, this causes trouble down the line. This symbol can also describe the people, a situation, an attitude which flows on without thought or consideration. It just keeps flowing in the direction it always has.
Keywords: Remaining fluid, flowing energy, Sure sense of direction, purification, water, dams, cleansing, pipelines, Baptism, elemental knowledge.

'Everything flows and nothing abides; everything gives way and nothing stays fixed' Heraclitus.

There a thread in the Oracle section Ive been working on to look at the symbols Latitude and Longitudes and New Orleans. Its not finished but there are some new methods of finding Symbols there. Its been very interesting. Its fairly long, but if your game.... its amongst the bottom posts...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=599214#post599214

Amazing!!

Blessings
Elven x