Writer's Spread: Who are they and what is the connection between them?

Blackash

This is a writer's/relationship spread. It works well for analyzing two characters and determining what connects them. You can use it on preexisting characters from a movie/show or in your own writing. I've tried it on myself and my significant other and it also seems to work on real world relationships (though the "turning point" becomes somewhat tricky).

Note: This isn't necessarily a romantic spread. You can use it between friends, siblings, enemies, rivals. It's pretty all-purpose.

/9.../10.../11.../12.....

Cards 9-12 should be turned horizontal, like the cross card in the Celtic Cross.
Note2: You can leave out cards 9-12 if you want a simpler character spread.

The first row: 1, 2, 5, and 7 are about character A
The third row: 3, 4, 6, and 8 are about character B

1. Character A. Who is she?

2. What does A want? What is her goal?

3. Character B. Who is she?

4. What does B want? What is her goal?

5. A's Turning Point. Helpful forces/chance/destiny/fate

6. B's Turning Point. Helpful forces/chance/destiny/fate

7. How A views B.

8. How B views A.

9. The connection between A and B.

10. Where their goals overlap (clash/coincide).

11. Where their fates cross.

12. What they seek in each other.

Blackash

Has anyone had a chance to try this?

I'm curious to see if anyone has found it as helpful and interesting as I have.

Wisdom Moon

Story

Used this as a basis for telling a story and it worked out well. Had fun with it creating characters and letting the cards tell the story.

sinxisxin

Blackash; I must say that your spread is very good. I tried it last night with people whom I have a bad chemistry with and I've found out what makes us have this bad chemistry. I'll be using it for often. I might as well write a book with it lol.

Blackash

sinxisxin said:
Blackash; I must say that your spread is very good. I tried it last night with people whom I have a bad chemistry with and I've found out what makes us have this bad chemistry. I'll be using it for often. I might as well write a book with it lol.

I'm glad it's served you well!

I'm curious, though, how did the Turning Point cards turn out for you? Those are really the only ones that I wasn't sure would transfer well to working with real people.

P.S. If you have a reading with it that isn't too personal, it would be really awesome if you posted to "Your Readings". ;)