Writing short plays about Tarot, wanna help?

HonestPuck

So I was sitting in my Intro to theatre class today, and became inspired. I wish to write a series of scripts about individual tarot cards. I'm not sure what I'll do with it when/if I'm done, maybe I'll preform them and put them on youtube. But the idea is have a bunch of mini plays about each of the majors.

And then I thought it would be even better if I had people here on AT write some too. So, if anyone would like to contribute and write a script for a major card(preferably using RWS) and post it here that would be amazing. They can be as long or as short as you want. Anything goes!

Here is the one I wrote about the Magician.

(The magician stands behind a table with the four suits. A young man walks by the table.)
Magician: Why hello there young sir. Would you like me to reveal the secrets of the Universe to you?
Man: (interested) You can do that?
Magician: Of course I can! I possess the ability to do anything, and I am willing to show you how.
Man: Please show me, I want to know!
Magician: It is very simple really, you take these four tools and combine them in perfect harmony....
(A bright light appears, then goes back to normal. The Magician is gone but the cup, wand, sword and pentacle he used are still there on the table. The man picks them up and tries to combine them like the Magician did, but nothing happens. The man takes the objects and walks off-stage)

Disa

This is a wonderful idea!!! I think that in addition to entertainment, it would give beginners another choice as far as learning the cards without having to read so many books. I'd certainly watch them. Good luck with your project.

tarotreader2007

I'm not a playwright, although I'm here to encourage you.

It's nice that these are nice and short too so you can learn it quickly. Go run with it. I certainly stink when it comes to plays. But if you are good at it, go with it. It sounds like a great idea.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

tarotbear

There is a book of Tarot short stories called "Tarot Fantastic", which Meewah gave a copy of to me several years ago. Perhaps you can adapt a short story into a script? There was a review of each story of you dig through the Search Engine.