paradoxx

visual reference: http://www.netstate.com/states/symb/seals/wy_seal.htm

Legend
>X> card is facing to the right
<X< Card is facing to the left

Spread layout and position definitions:

..................>14>.......<15<
..................<1<....11...>2>
this diagram is not exact, but the positions are as acturate as possible.

1-2, the dates that Wyoming Territory and State were enforced by law. The eagle symbolized by card 11 faces to the left showing that nothing is left behind but rather built upon. In relation to court procedings, previous hearings and opinions are reflected here. The right side is the what is coming to be and how events and evidence is being questioned by those in authority.

3/5-the livestock tenant (the cowboy), caring for the animals of the land as the cowboy has been identified with animal nature. Unrefined information, how things appear in court, what the situation is perceived to be in the beginning. Position 3 is the foundation of the situation. position 5 is what the foundation supports.

4/6-the miner, caring for the land of the animals as the miner mines the land for resouces. The industry of minig is that of refining raw material. These card represent the refining of the initial information for a justified verdict.

7-10-the pillars of strength topped by the lamps of illumination. These cards represent what evidence and information is being addressed in court as well as who may be looking at it.

11, the eagle protected by a crimsom and azure shield, this card represents what prevents the stuaiotn from degrading out of control.

12-13, lady equality. Wyoming State was the first state to recognize equal rights for women (1890), and is the supreme law of Wyoming as stated in teh Wyo Consittuion. "All members of the human race are created equal"
card 12 is the body of equality and how it is seen and percieved in this situaiton

card 13 is the mind and soul of equality and how it must be percieved by the court in this situaiton based on the current state of the court system, the opinion of the judge, the jury and lawyeres if they are present, the defendent and others present in the court. This card is probably one of the most important in the spread.

14-15, the banner of equality. equality is a double edged sword, for it prevents injust favoring based on age or sex but it also places all people in the same categories without question. These cards represent the positinve and negative outcome of such a concept.

Darla

Hey, what a cool and creative idea! Have you tried it out yet? I would be really curious to see a reading with that. I'm from Germany so it wouldn't make much sense for me to try this spread but if you live in Wyoming: Perfect! Your way one could easily create a spread for each U.S. state or country to see what's going on in the moment. Fun idea!

paradoxx

Since june 19 is Equality day in Wyoming, (Dr King jr day across the nation) and is the date of the iowa democratic caucus i am going to use this spread in the post titled "democratic caucus part III"

miss_apples

wouldnt it make more sense to use the Iowa state seal if the caucus youre reading about is in Iowa?

paradoxx

I did Illinois in part I because it is a rather easy to use design and its Abe Lincolns homestate. References to the most famouse of all republicans has been used to an excess by the current administration soi t seemed appropriate.

The Iowa seal design is difficult to transfer into a spread but I will get it eventually. I also messed up some of the facts but my natal mercury was opposing the current mercury so my mind was somewhere else. Equality day is a powerful day and Wyoming was at the forefront of equal rights 31 years before the turn from the 19th to the 20th century. Part II has a general spread that coverend the issues rather than the details.

I hope part III provides insight as it will be a capricorn new moon on teh 19th of jan.

I will try to establish as many state seal spreads a possible but they are not always usable as a tarot spread, maybe the state quarters will provide some insight. Iowa is due out this year, when it comes i will decide if the seal or the quarter makes a better layout.

I recommend visiting www.netstate.com and check out the state flag page, it is very interesting to see all 50 flags on one page.