Year Card question

Julien

As I read through Tarotbear's excellent threads on Life/Year cards, I began to ponder... And decided to post my own thread rather than muck up Tarotbear's very interesting discussion of how to find your Year Card...

I am ending a Death Year... There have been lots of changes, and one really major one involving my career... I'm rather glad the year is over, actually, because transformations are so tiring...

At any rate, with my birthday in 3 weeks comes a Heirophant Year. What can one expect with a Heirophant year? Or rather High Priest Year as I tend to read the Druidcraft more than any other deck these days. ;) What have others experienced during Heirophant years?

Julien

Alta

I could have sworn I saw a longer summary, but, in Greer's book "Tarot for your self":

"Learning and teaching, listening and speaking, working within social structures and hierarchies - understanding "the system".

Also, it seems to me there is a connection with medical issues. Maybe because of the connection with doctors.

tarotbear

Are you in the Death Year or the Emperor year? Are you going from Death to Temperance or to the Hierophant? It all depends on how you add those numbers up, of course!

Not trying to confuse things here, really, I'm not!

Alta

I will go from Hanged Man to Death this April and to Hierophant the next year, same as Julien but a year behind. I use Greer's calculation method.

tarotbear

Marion said:
I will go from Hanged Man to Death this April and to Hierophant the next year, same as Julien but a year behind. I use Greer's calculation method.

Yes, it can happen; it depends on your numbers.

Because of my month and day, I went from the Hanged Man to the Emperor to the Hierophant, but never went to Death or Temperance.

I love numbers! :love:

Julien

I use Greer's system, so I'm moving from Death to the Heirophant... And, quite frankly, Death as a descriptor of the last year makes much more sense than the Emperor...

But of course, Death and the Emperor are numerologically related, and the Emperor is my Soul card. Death is my teacher, so this last year seemed to be a bit of a double whamy.

Funny, too... The Heirophant is often connected in personal readings with my career (a professor)... And the big transformation in the last year was the decision to leave my current position for a new one that will begin this summer... Marion's description seems very apt, then.

Julien

MeeWah

Julien: Depending on the individual's career, commitments, goals, etc, a Year Card's basic meaning will hold though the emphasis or focus would differ. Its effects also filtered through the birth energy pattern of Personality & Soul.

Hence, The High Priest/The Hierophant would tend to impact on the basic levels similarly as would for others, but the focus would differ or be modified by the birth energy pattern (Personality & Soul), other features in your life & ultimately, your own perceptions.

Therefore (based on the immediate impressions--which could be way off so take it with a grain of salt), your '5' Year may entail a period of change/continuing changes; adjusting to same in the personal life & the professional life. May find the demanding from both areas as things develop--& with change, conflicts or stress can result. Remember, however, that no growth/learning occureth without change/conflict. If not the personal health issues, then possible those of the familial or other close relationship.

Dealing with bureaucracy such as thepowersthatbe at work; the IRS--all representative of structured environments--& all of which may be trying at times. Herein illustrates the communication aspect of The Hierophant; the trickle-down/ripple effects of understanding of a 'higher' aspect on a practical level.

During an impulse reading back in the '90's, saw a forthcoming Hierophant Year several years in advance in a flash like a movie--much to my shock. Appearance of 5-Pentacles in spread struck as prominent & to refer to several years ahead. Within it saw hubby would get the job he applied for after an arduous months-long process. It would offer much material benefits. Also saw, however, an eventual loss of income due to work slowdown &/or downsizing; followed by possible loss of job. In addition, foresaw health issues, especially with him--& all from that one card.

All came to pass within a span of a few years after job acquired, & culminated in loss of job after company decreased commission rates; then downsized & announced the elimination of his particular department--just before the holidays commenced in 2000, too! By January, 2001, he was officially unemployed. Soon after, health issues surfaced. By then, I realized his being out of work actually a blessing because I just knew his health issues to be very serious (though he understandably in denial & persisted in job-hunting). I am grateful for whatever prompted that reading, for I would not have been forewarned nor as prepared to face major life adjustments.

Because of my particular number configuration, I go from 13-Death (4) to 5-The Hierophant & not to 14-Temperance. My '13' Year a study in faith & learning to anticipate--but that for another occasion.

Julien

Meewah,

That's some story -- thank you very much for sharing it! I'm thinking increasingly that I should do a reading for the coming Heirophant year -- to see what I need to know for the very reasons your story suggested. To some extent, this is on my mind because I feel in my bones that it's going to be quite a significant year. Maybe even moreso than this Death year has been. And the last time I felt that sense, I moved 1500 miles, and completely changed the course of my life... I should do the math and see where I was numerologically that year... Hm...

Thanks for your insights -- as always, very very thought provoking.

Julien

MeeWah

Julien: Personally found the Hierophant Year to be more significant on multiple levels than the prior year's Death--marked by the unusual on the material level but not of physical death, thankfully.

Guidance & messages whether from the cards or other means tend to present with more clarity & assurity whence one maintains a listening attitude.

Therefore, I would listen to your "bones". That is the inner radar providing a message of some import.