Your Ideal Personal Tarot Journal

Kosjitov

What's in it? Spreads? Card meanings? Previous reads? Time and date stamps? The list of books you've read on the subject? The "question" you held in mind when you asked? What do you think would be necessary to record to keep track of your learning progress? I'm looking to redo my journal and suggestions are most welcome.

jema

... all of the above + wishlists, incense recipes, dreams, the odd rant, pages where i try to be philosophical, sketches, meditations, garden plans...

i tried to keep different journals for different things but then i just get confused and don't use any of them.
This is how I work, at least it makes for quite interesting journals :p

lasciel

I have one journal for interpretations and spreads, and another for my own readings :D They're all date stamped, so my tarot is basically my diary!

MareSaturni

None of that. I have always failed at keeping a journal, so I just gave up.

I have one small notebook I carry in my purse, to write down rmy readings and some interesting spreads. And I have my blog, to write down my reflections once in a while.

cybercat

My Journal has reading I did for myself. Card meanins from classes I did or workbook I used. Aslo clarifing things like how to rephase question or more how to read court card. Not to mentioin helpful tips from this site.

AJ

I have several thick journals from when I started working with the cards systematically, and early readings but I'm beyond that now, and only have my blog, which is much better because it's searchable. I love those early journals though a refer back to them every 2 or 3 months.

Torkie

At the moment, I have one notebook for card meanings, spreads, and research, and another strictly for readings. I started taking notes on readings just to keep track of repeat cards for my sitters, but I find it's much more useful than that (Also, keeping note of my readings ensures that I give myself some time to do them, instead of being chronically rushed).

nisaba

Kosjitov said:
What's in it?
<grin> the whole of AT. This *IS* my ideal personal Tarot journal.

Kosjitov

nisaba said:
<grin> the whole of AT. This *IS* my ideal personal Tarot journal.

I'd love to be able to print out living breathing people and stuff you in a notebook. Imagine an ever growing tarot reference book. However, I'd be breaking a few laws [of physics] and violating a few ethical codes ;)

There's a good lot of suggestions here. I particularly like some of them and will bear it in mind for my next iteration of my journal.