Your Life's Purpose

dadsnook2000

Several weeks ago a discussion connected the question of "How to determine your life's purpose" with astrological charts and with the book series based on the Celestine Prophecy.

Within the Celestine Prophecy series (I not sure which book title now since I cleaned out my library and tossed some 300-plus books out) was a statement that our individual life's purpose was based upon our parent's life purpose -- we were to combine those two goals in some unique way to achieve our own unique and valuable purpose. This statement suggests a sort of spiritual and physical heredity. Can this be seen in our astrological chart?

There was a lot of encouragement to pursue this subject, so I am launching this thread without having first done my own review of my parent's lives and a related study of my chart. To the extent that the Celestine Prophecy statement is valid, and based on our own views, memories and self-honesty, we can jointly explore this topic. I am suggesting the following process:

FIRST; we need to look back upon our parent's lives (now living or deceased) and look for an overall theme. The themes can be simple or complex and might include, for example -- 1) a belief that hard work was the answer to all problems, 2) communication was the only way to show care and love for someone, 3) it was always better to avoid an argument and go along with someone else's idea than to dissent or fight, 4) that one had to give one's whole life to their children no matter the sacrifice, 5) belief in one's religion could be demonstrated on holidays -- or by volunteering to help in any number of community projects -- or by attending a church (etc.) every day -- or, etc., etc., 6) if your partner or co-worker treats you harshly then you act the same way in return, 7) that the gradual assimilation of material wealth demonstrates your own inherent goodness, 8) that you need to adopt a rigid social posture so that others won't intrude into your life with their problems -- the list can go on and on, and there are certainly others who can identify and explain life-style themes better than I.

The goal is to be able to identify a life-long or on-going pattern of belief and/or conduct as a central and defining theme for each parent. This should be done in a few sentances.

SECOND: You need to self-assess how those two parental themes contribute to your core personality, attitudes and core life-theme. Your life purpose will not likely combine all or most of each of your parent's life purpose and theme but will probably be shaped by their life as a reaction, as a valuable lesson, as a by-product. You should try to distill this into a few sentances.

THIRD: Applying "key word" descriptions or adjectives to your self-assessed life purpose, examine your chart for a major pattern of aspects or sign/house placements, or other significant pattern. Look for a validation of your life's purpose (as based on your review) within the chart.

THE PROCESS: In order to carry out this multi-stage thread, we might end up with a very long thread as we each post a review of what our parents were like, how we see our life purpose (as based on theirs), and how we interpret our astrological chart relative to the life purpose. There will be replies and questions by others. SOOOO -- I think we might each have to have a seperate thread for ourselves.

In other words the Thread Title might be . . .
"Your Life's Purpose -- Dadsnook2000" or . . .
"Your Life's Purpose -- Minderwiz" as another example.

If you are interested in pursuing this thread you can post questions and views here as well as do your own review and start another thread in this series with your screen-name. I will start, and will post, the first of several reviews and observations shortly as a lead-off example. Good luck, have fun, be gentle in your comments about others. Dave.

M-Press

Dave!
You have really done SOME nailing down here... The "syllabus" is very well thought out, very impressive...gives such structure...
I agree about masking separate threads, otherwise it would be chaotic...

This seems an excellent but very difficult excersise. To look into one's self with honesy is one thing, and to look into one's parents that way, knowing what we know about the complicated relations between parents and children...ouaw...

But it's also one of those things that do not seem accidental. i feel that with many of the AT people here...as if the "meeting" and discussions are meant to be, and it's up to us how far we want them to take us...

And this one asks for very far...
Will look forward to read your stories/reviews for guidance and encouragement.

Thank you initiating this...

dadsnook2000

A reason for every meeting

Yes, M-Press, I agree that this forum brings people together for a very important reason. To build on one point that the Celestine Prophecy emphasized; every meeting and exchange is an opportunity to learn and grow. That opportunity should not be ignored.

That is why I wanted to pursue this thread concept when it developed several weeks ago between several of us. Since last evening when I started the thread I've been thinking deeply about my parents, their lives and accomplishments -- and particularly about the manner in which they struggled and achieved their goals -- as part of this exercise. I am entering into the spirit of this thread without having first done all the review, so I will be going through and sharing my perceptions just like all of those who participate. I'm excited about this and know that we can each have an opportunity to take something valuable away from this. Dave.

Moongold

What a very moving thread, Dave. Some of us will have spent some time already considering these themes, or some of them.

My parents have both been dead for some years now and the themes of their lives are not dissimilar to those you have identified for your own parents. Perhaps there were generational characteristics? I need to spend some more focused time in considering them overall, however.

My mother died on Christmas Day, which was my father's birthday. We always though there was an odd synchronicity there. Nine months later he died a few days after my older sister's birthday and not long before his own. Again we felt there was something being played out, as though he was living through a stage of his life again. He absolutely adored both his wife, our mother and my sister, their first child. He also seemed to choose the day of his own death but it was not suicide. He virtually told his son-in-law, my older sister's husband that the time had come and died that evening after spending the afternoon with his granddaughter talking about his life. When we found him, he was peacefully asleep in the foetal postion. He seemed to simply be able to leave the earthly plane when he felt it was time. I have heard of others who have been able to do this.

Now, I can't see any mention of their charts. Will we need them? This process will be very meaningful. Will we need to read the Celestine Prophesy?

I might pursue this in privacy first, and decide which parts of it would be good to share. I imagine that would be acceptable. Thank you for starting such a thread.

Moongold

dadsnook2000

For Moongold

Hello. You will need your own chart. If you don't have an accurate or known birthtime you will still be able to use your chart for this exercise. I don't foresee that any of us will need our parent's charts as it seems that our recollections of their attitude toward life, their achievements and goals, and the manner that they lived life is all that is needed for our reflection on their influence on us.

By all means, review this privately and share whatever you are comfortable with. Knowing this forum I would suspect that everyone will be open and supportive. Many of us, including myself, have limited skills in expressing ourselves with clarity and effectiveness. So, lots of words are OK. Have fun. Dave.

mooncat2

What an intriguing thread - I feel I may like to be a part of this.

I have a fairly good understanding of my own chart but have never thought of it in comparison with my parents lives . It deserves some thought indeed.

Thank you, Dave - should prove enlightening.

Blessings

isthmus nekoi

Anyone interested in this exercise who wishes to post their data to our group AT account at astro.com (so that others can see your chart) may contact me by PM to receive the username and password. Also, if you register, please use your AT username so that we know who's chart belongs to who!

dadsnook2000

The astrological process . . .

As I have posted in the thread "Life's Purpose -- dadsnook2000", I have postulated a particular way to look at the astrological chart relative to the theme of Your Life's Purpose. Those steps are as follows:

1) Look at the MOON, its sign, house and aspect patterns. The Moon represents the mother and her influence, your primary needs, emotional balance, automatic response patterns and habits, etc. These are all basics that tend to stay with us for a lifetime.

2) Look at the 4th-10th house rulers and their placement in the chart, and aspect patterns. These represent primary lessons passed on by parents. Look at the planets aligned along this axis and their aspect patterns. These represent the energies and tools that you can use to engage these lessons.

3) Look at the Sun and its position and aspects. This is how you can integrate your life and balance both those portions of your parent's value that you choose to adopt, and those aspects of your own nature that will shape your life's purpose. The Sun evaluation can suggest how satisfied you are with your direction and progress in life.

An example of how this is done is given in my thread. You are each encouraged to wholley or partially share your self-review, parental-review and chart. If you do, you can take your project as far as you wish, you can ask for help or views on your chart relative to the information you post about parents and self. Do whatever leads you into self-exploration while staying within whatever comfort zone you need. Have fun. Dave.

dadsnook2000

Tarot spread for your Life's Purpose

A new book in our Tarot World titled "Tarot Tells the Tale" notes a Life Purpose Spread. This three-card spread requires that you seperate the deck into three sections: Major Arcana, Court and Pip cards.

The first card is drawn from the Major Arcana cards and represents your soul work. The second card is drawn from the Court cards and represents the qualities you need to utilize to carry out your purpose. The third card is drawn from the Minor Arcana group shows what action is needed to do your soul work.

For those who have this book, the spread is shown on page 39. I thought that this might add some insight into the work that many of you are doing in private as you follow this thread. Dave.

M-Press

Thanks Dave for this (tarot spread).
I have been thinking about this thread loooong, but haven't been doing anything yet. I just see it as a real hard thing, to look at my parents and see what they are about...Also, these days i'm about to come out with this "purpose" of mine, and I think i'm very scared to find out that I'm not on the right track...
In a way I think i'm fine, but these are times of "big-time-insecurities", so anything that can shake me in the way, is being taken seriously! (oh, that devil!)

in a way, doing such a spread, makes things feel less heavy, and i may incorporate it here in the thread...
I think i'll post something in the next couple of days, to make me face the odds, and maybe other people will fee more comfortable then too.
I'll definitely need some help with the astromathics though...
(In a way we have been through this a few months ago, with the containments chart, but this still feels different...)

All good for now!