Yours, Mine & the Truth.

dangerdork

I designed this thread for use in an ongoing situation described in:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=84450

To be used when you think someone is deceiving you, concealing something from you.

I call it "Yours, Mine & the Truth" from the old saying from some old movie or country song: "There are three sides to every story - Yours, Mine and the Truth."

-1-3x5 - - - - - 4x6 - 2
- - - 7 - - - - - 8 - - -
- - - - - 10-11 - - - - -
- - - - - - -9- - - - - - -

(1-6 dealt face up)

1. Your motivation
2. Their motivation
3. You Know
4. They Know
5. (crosses 3 as in CC) - Your assumptions (could be true or NOT)
6. (crosses 4 as in CC) - Their assumptions (could be true or NOT)

(7-11 dealt FACE DOWN and exposed one at a time after reviewing 1-6)

7. Your secret
8. Their secret
10. (overlaps 9) - Your path to discovery
11. (overlaps 9) - Their path to discovery

9. Reality (this card is turned over AFTER 10 and 11, pull out from underneath them).

I got great results with this spread and I thought it was a nice wrinkle to start with some cards exposed and some not - it reflects the theme of mystery and discovery that the spread should be used for.

Sinduction

If you were to use this as a basic relationship spread, like if you don't think anything is being concealed, how would you read 10 and 11? This sounds like the perfect spread for my friend that is considering marriage very early on in the relationship. She's asked me to read for her and this seems so perfect for the situation except for those two cards. I mean they can't very well follow their paths to discovery in this short time span, a few months.

Do you have any ideas?

dangerdork

Sinduction said:
If you were to use this as a basic relationship spread, like if you don't think anything is being concealed, how would you read 10 and 11? This sounds like the perfect spread for my friend that is considering marriage very early on in the relationship. She's asked me to read for her and this seems so perfect for the situation except for those two cards. I mean they can't very well follow their paths to discovery in this short time span, a few months.

Do you have any ideas?

Hi Sinduction,

I hadn't really thought of that, but you're right. However, in the case of your friend, I DO think there is a lot of discovery still possible for both parties involved... if they've only been together for a short time, there is a lot for them to learn about each other. I would read 10 and 11 in that case as "advice" cards - how they should best approach learning each others' "secrets" - the idiosyncrasies and flaws you learn about another person as your intimacy increases. Does that make sense?

ETA: This also sounds like a perfect situation for Umbrae's Relationship spread, which is awesome.

Sinduction

I agree that they have lots to discover, but the wedding is only a few months away and they are in different countries. I fear all of this discovery will take place after the wedding (scary thought). Maybe not the best decision but she wants to do it and has asked for a reading. I was so lost as to what spread could possibly work for this, you know so I could understand what the cards are really telling me. Those cards as advice fit perfectly. Thank you so much, I'm to see her today. I will let you know how it goes. :)

eta - Oh I know Umbrae's spread but it is difficult for me to use. Maybe I will bring his spread with me too, just in case.

dangerdork

Sinduction,

I really enjoy designing spreads, and it delights me to no end when I hear that they appeal to people and are actually being used to help others. Thanks for letting me know, and all my best to your friend in her marriage to come.

dd