Going prices for various "Out of Print" tarot decks ...

Rusty Neon

I thought this would make a good resource thread or a good trivia thread. What do the various "out of print" tarot decks fetch on ebay on average?

for example:

- Rock 'N Roll Tarot (Second Edition)
- Hermetic Tarot (Dowson)
- Greenwood Tarot
- Norse Tarot
- Hoi Polloi Tarot
- Shakespeare Tarot (Novicki)
- Servants of the Light
- Pomo Tarot (Williams)
- Alchemical Tarot (Robert Place/Rosemary Ellen Guiley)

- Jungian Tarot (Wang) - old edition - before the new edition came out
- Jungian Tarot (Wang) - old edition - now that the new edition has come out

Persha

I have seen the Miracle Tarot go on ebay for around $70 US (alas!)

-persha

Cerulean

Two

For Hoi Polloi, I've won the deck for 13.00 or so, once all 78 cards, once with booklet and box.

I've seen the Shakespherean by Norwicki go for 25.00 to 40.00, I think, and twice in two years at used bookstores. I think I paid about 15.00 and saw it also for about 25.00 in another state.

Cerulean M.

galadrial

I don't know about the average going price, but I recently won the Hermetic, in excellent condition, for around $60.00.

Kirali

For the Hermetic (Dowson): 2 years ago about 50 to 60 dollars...

The most recent auction on ebay that I looked at which was a couple months ago was over $100 for it. I also want to say that I saw somewhere it was going for $180. ::sigh:: I should have got it when it was $50... ::smacking self:::

I've emailed US games 2 years ago and asked if they were going to reprint the Hermetic and they replied that they might in a couple years and were interested on how much it went for on Ebay. I emailed them again over a year ago on the status but never received a reply. :(

I'll just have to keep dreaming that they'll reprint it!!! hehe :)

HudsonGray

The Servants of the Light went for $149 last year, and the last three Greenwoods were all $125 or higher. There's one on ebay now, which is only at $81 but there's 3 more days to go on it.

The Vertigo decks never sell for less than $75/$80. They usually top $100 also.

Ditto for the Nightmare Before Christmas deck, highly collectible & never under $80.

tabbycat

Servants of the Light went for £95 on eBayUK this month. I've seen several copies of the Shakespearian recently and they go for between £20-30. The last Norse I saw went for under £30 and the PoMo goes for £20-30. The Alchemical went for a Buy-it-Now of £24 last week and another copy of the deck went for £23 - I'm still cursing over that one as they both went to the same person and I was trying to win one!

Jilly

Moonbow

Is the Alchemical really an OOP deck? Going back about a year my husband bought it for me for £10 in a half price book store. At the time you could buy it anywhere. I saw loads of them. I had no idea it would become sought after!

Sulis

There's a Hoi Polloi tarot on ebay at the moment - the current bid is $31 and there are 4 days to go so I'm sure it'll go much higher.
Abe books had a copy of the Hoi Polloi a couple of months ago for about $30

Love

Sulis

Le_Corsair

I keep track of favorite OOP deck prices on Ebay, but only two of the decks you mention are among the ones I track, the Hoi Polloi and the PoMo. For those, I have the following numbers:

Hoi Polloi - average $20.35, high $41.00, low $6.50, went unsold once, reason unexplained. Nobody watching? :)

PoMo - average $21.27, high $38.96, low 10.00, went unsold once due to high reserve.

Bob :THERM