Manga Tarot Study Group index thread

Sulis

Hedera

This deck is nr 1 on my wishlist at the moment, so I'm glad to see a study group has already started up!

But, er.... isn't it the MaNGa tarot, rather than the Magna tarot? ;)

Sulis

:D

Thanks Hedera

tarotreader2007

Thanks Sulis.

"I, I don't know what came over me!" :D

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

EarthAngel2911

Oh goodie! :) I'm so glad that you started up a study group for this terrific deck! Lo Scarabeo always surprises me. Some decks I get so anxious for, I order from Alida and spend an extra $20 than I'd otherwise have to, and then I get the deck and it doesn't thrill me like I thought it would.

But now, take the Manga. I originally wasn't even interested in buying this deck. But I read a couple of threads that talked about the different aspects of it, and I was intrigued, so I went ahead and used one of my Amazon coupons and ordered it. And I was blown away! Maybe because I wasn't expecting much or maybe because of the different aspects of the cards, but I was pleasantly surprised. :)

The combination of color and glyph are worth studying to get a full effect of this deck. I started my own personal journal when I got the deck, and I'm excited about being able to share ideas with others.

I'll be honest, though, the gender switch has me a bit confused. The Empress has been renumbered to IV instead of III, but it still shows a woman. Same with the Emperor. I'm assuming that the effect desired by switching genders was from a numerological point of view? Ah well, I'm sure as I study the cards, it will begin making sense to me. :)

Blessings,
Karen

Ookami-sama

I'm interested in learning about this tarot.

C: Good idea.

Dakkon

Too bad that the study has died down. :( I'd be glad to contribute the card illustrations if that helps. :)

Hemera

EarthAngel2911 said:
But now, take the Manga. I originally wasn't even interested in buying this deck. ...
And I was blown away! Maybe because I wasn't expecting much or maybe because of the different aspects of the cards, but I was pleasantly surprised. :)

This has just happened to me.. I was not expecting anything and then I saw scans of these cards and I and *had* to order a copy and now I am hooked..

It seems awfully quiet in here though...
Anyone...?

Blackash

I realize that this thread is kinda dead, but I'm going to post my thoughts as thanks for those who have gone before.

This is my first deck. I bought two, this one and the Gilded Tarot. I figured I'd learn on the Gilded and then move on to the Manga, but while the Gilded is nice for learning the card meanings, I simply cannot read the cards for myself. For others it's no problem, but I just can't relate. I do not have this problem with the Manga Tarot. I love these cards and this group has helped me a great deal so I felt I should add to knowledge gather here for the next person who wanders in six months from now to find an empty forum.

NekoMimiMisa

I love this deck. It was my first ever tarot deck. I am very protective of this deck, it is as precious to me as my laptop and cell phone. I do not let anyone else touch it for very long, and I especially don't let them do readings from it. I mostly do readings for myself with this deck. My only problem was the vague descriptions of the card meanings in the little booklet. This study group has been absolutely helpful.