View Single Post
Citizen

dangerdork 
Significator Assessment

Back to the MBPI-style Personality / Significator concept.

I was thinking, a strong negative reaction from a querent tells us just as much as a strong positive one, doesn't it? Don't our fears and contempt for certain principles motivate us just as powerfully as the more positive factors, if not more so? So shouldn't we look just as strongly at the cards the querent rejects as the ones they choose?

And maybe the polarity of a pair of cards where they keep one and reject one is a little bit too stark. What if they got a few more cards? At first I was thinking nine cards, and they would keep three, "reject" three, and leave three "neutral" so to speak. That seemed like a nice comfortable set for a while, but as the idea turned over in my head, for some reason I thought, why do all three bunches have to be the same? It's simpler if they keep and reject TWO cards... and then, all of the sudden that made a group of SEVEN cards.

So the picture begins to come together. You lay seven cards out before the querent. You tell them to remove two cards that they don't like, that they think don't belong, that bother them from the seven cards you've laid out. You set those cards aside in their own special little pile. Then you tell the querent to take two cards that they like especially, that they connect with, they they want to keep close to them. The querent keeps those cards in their own special pile.

Then you repeat the process until you've gone through the entire deck. If you've removed the Fool before hand, you will go through the process exactly eleven times. Which means that at the end of the procedure, you will have a "neutral" pile containing 33 cards... and both your "negative" and the querent's "positive" piles will contain... 22 cards. Gee, what can we associate with THAT?

OK, go back to Post # 14. Remember our Majors-only spread? Maybe we can modify it just slightly. First we'll add back in the Fool face-up to our 22-card pack (the "rejected" ones) and deal out just as in that spread. When the Fool shows up, face up, we will PULL the next card aside. We will deal out ALL of the cards and leave them face down as described in the spread. These will be our "ROOT" cards.

THEN, we'll turn the "displaced" card face up and add it to the querent's "keeper" group. We'll deal out the spread a second time, on top of the "root" cards. THIS time, when the "displaced" card shows up, we'll take the next card, and substitute it for the FOOL in the Root position where it is sitting.

OK, [i]now[/] we're half-baked. That's as far as I've gotten so far.

Any comments? suggestions? Bueller? Bueller?
Top   #118