Buying tarot help?

BonitaSha08

I just ordered this deck from the Julia Cuccia (sp?) website, newmoontradingco. Does anyone know how long it takes for those things to be shipped?(I live in Canada)

wytchwood

You could ask her, Julie Cuccia-Watts is a member here. Are you getting the Maat? I'm still waiting for mine, but I'm in the UK.

Zoe xx

Umbrae

Shipping is FAST...

Issue is you live in Canada. Mail/Customs going north is impossible. At one point (true story) I sent a birthday card to a friend in BC. Took two months to get to her.

gregory

To be fair, it isn't always bad..... I've had stuff from people in the US sent to me there which has worked fine - this has even included parcels from that Dan's nice friend !!!! And yes, recently - last month, for instance :D

BonitaSha08

Well that's good. I sent Julia an email as well lol. I'm just always paranoid when I can't track items that are being sent to me. I live in Toronto so I'm hoping that gives me an edge lol.

Alta

In my experience, parcels from the States take two full weeks minimum, sometimes appallingly longer. Parcels from Europe just seem to zip here though... go figure.

HearthCricket

A lot depends on each countries customs and rules and regulations, as well as how something is sent. Airmail, Express Airmail, Ground, UPS, DHL, Federal Express, etc. My Halloween package to Aulruna, from US to Germany, went Express Airmail. It got there in 5 days. Customs in Germany held it for a week longer. I just sent her Christmas parcel the same way, but filled out an extra form that specified it was a gift so hopefully this time they won't wait too long and she won't have to open it all up in front of them. We shall see. It costs a lot more, plus I insure, but I get better tracking results and can really see what is going on. I hope that helps!

BTW...things going from US into Canada seem to be much faster than things coming from Canada into the US. Not sure what is going on. Better security, I guess, from 9/11.

FaireMaiden

Well, it took the 'Steele Wizard' a full three weeks to get from Canada to me (Arizona, USA), whereas it took 'Waking the Wild Spirit' only 11 days from England to me... go figure, *lol*

How it works in reverse, I have no idea... Methinks, however, 'patience' be the watchword, *lol*... For me, whenever I order something, anything less than receiving it the next day is too long!... but I won't pay the exorbitant shipping to get it that fast either, *lol*

gregory

One other thing. When I ordered the SW - I waited a long time to hear from Pamela. It turned out she had been away. It may be as simple as that. (It arrived within Canada quite speedily though.)

BonitaSha08

Well...I'm not sure this all puts me at ease, but okay lol. It's been approximately two weeks so I'm hoping I get it sometime this week or (like the beginning of the week early) early next week. HOPING! I had some patience last week but this week I'm getting antsy lol. You know I thought about that gregory...which is why I contacted Julia lol. I actually contacted her again today...yes FaireMaiden, I have SUCH a hard time with patience...however I will try. Thanks though people!