View Single Post
Citizen

dadsnook2000 
Dave's step SIX with the Fey HERMIT

I use the Fey Tarot and have chosen to focus on the HERMIT card for the near future. As some of you know, I had finished my astrological book and taken the summer off so as to gain some perspective for the review and editing phase. I then worked with a large astrological organization and proposed starting a special interested group for like minded astrologers. This site has exchanged ideas and allowed me to test ideas and concepts. I have gained from this exchange and am now refining and expanding my book. Hence the Hermit, one who is looking for insight.

The Fey Hermit strikes me as another version of the Fool -- in this phase he walks thru a maze of stairs, each oriented on different planes, leading in different directions, passing doors, populated with a variety of creatures. This Hermit wears a tall top hat, a long red coat, and carries his lantern. An image of the Hermit is attached.

6:3-1
The Golden Dawn associates the Hermit with Earth, the French with Fire, the Egyptian school with Air. This Hermit is not concerned with logic, being clever or impersonal, nor is he radiant, aggressive, passionate. He strikes me as being grounded (or seeking to be grounded), cautious, persevering. Earth.

6:3-2
Pentacles -- Creation, enjoyment of life, physical possesions. This suit has three groups of cards, each associated with one of these keywords.

Swords -- Alertness, nervous, impersonal. This suit also has three groups of cards, each associated with one of these keywords. The card numbers of these groups within the Swords suit has no match up with those of the Pentacles suit.

Wands -- Again, three groups can be identified, having associations with the keywords that I would associate with CUPS!? Protective, nurturing. The third group is definitely a Wand group; radiant, optimistic.

Chalices -- Half of the cups cards are associated with flowing and feeling, two others with nurturing. Three are of other natures; the mentality of Swords, the yielding of Cups and secretiveness of cups.

6:3-3
My card, the Hermit, is associated with the suit of Pentacles.

6:4-1
I have drawn the Hermit. Trumps are about the "why's of life" and Earth is related to making ones way through life's trials and puzzles.
I have also drawn the Ace of Swords. Aces are about the "where to look" and Swords are in the intellect of the mind. The Knight of Cups is associated with "who" and cups with nurturing and support -- so this is where my resources can be found -- among associates. My number card is the ten of Wands, (a young Fey figure carrying a giant fruit on his back) and signifies "what I look for" -- the "what" being energy, passion and wilfullness.

In summary, I am looking for a focus of energy to explain my reserch and to do this I need to use my mind and imagination to best use the resources of my associates to hone my skills in order to define a reliable and useful predictive method.

I see this "summary" statement as a reflection of my determination to make my book more than it was before. Like most of the exercises in this book, this exercise is highly insightful and helpful. As noted in the text, this use of the four sets of cards makes for a beautiful spread that can help us rethink where and how we are proceeding on our journey, who can help us and what we need to call from ourselves to be the most for ourselves and others.

Dave.
Attached Images

Top   #5