Reviving the One Deck Wonder

Azarial

I am going to jump on board for this one because I feel like I really need it. I love the rules that have been set forth, and the start date sounds great. My only issue is which deck shall I choose! I am thinking that I might pick out my Universal Waite as that was the very first deck that I bought. We will see! If we are still doing the one oracle thing as well, forgive me because I haven't gone through all of the pages I might pick my faeries.

afrosaxon

I'll join ODW!

The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot is my friend, my buddy, my compadre. :D

While I do have my eye on other decks (like the Gilded), and I have strayed with other decks (Daughters of the Moon)...I still come back to the NOVT because we are meant to be together.

:cool5:

WolfSpirit

.traveller. said:
Now, I have 40 tarot decks and 20 oracles(give or take) and I enjoy them all... that is why I have them. I have time; I don't plan to keel over anytime soon, why freak out over using one of them for a set period of time?

Well freak out is a much too strong word for my condition - but the situation as it is now: when I am tired and sitting on the couch not doing much, I will take one of the decks that are not my reading decks, and just look through them again and enjoy the images. That is a way of relaxing for me, someone else may watch telly.
I could "cheat" maybe and say they are my "art decks" like an art book for someone else, and don't count as tarot ;) but that would blur the rules so I am sticking to the rules of: one deck only. For now :laugh: no, just kidding. I am sticking to one deck. But I will think about if this is what I want to do for further Intensive Deck Studies. I really enjoy my relaxation time with my decks.

Nina*

Well, this time I'll join too.

Not completely sure about which deck I'll use, but I think I know...

autumnsdaughter

faunabay said:
Well I don't know how much I'm going to join in with all of you - too many rules for me! }) Sorry that's just me. (shrug) But I want to thank thorhammer for getting me started in my own way. (hugs) :*

Faunabay, I feel the same way. Nothing against anyone here, of course, it's just that I rebel whenever I see a list of "Thou Shalt Nots" -so I am going to do my own independent study. Besides, I'm already taking on "Tarot Shadow Work" -which I am finding to be even more intense than expected... and I know that this is more important work for me right now than IDS.

I will still be sticking with my DruidCraft for several months- now I'm thinking 6. This isn't so much for discipline as it is because I've fallen back in love with it, and feel that I need to spend some quality time with it. My faeries will still accompany me, though.

DO have fun on the IDS though! I'll be peeking in from time to time, I'm sure.

faunabay

autumnsdaughter said:
DO have fun on the IDS though! I'll be peeking in from time to time, I'm sure.
Same here! I'll be stopping by to say HI now and again. :) But will be working with my Goddess Tarot on my own!

thorhammer

faunabay and autumnsdaughter, and those others expressing a desire to follow a sort of parallel course, good on you! But it's not like anyone's keeping a list or a roll call or anything - it's not Big Brother! :D What Umbrae said about the rest of the participants not knowing if you've "sinned" is exactly right. And it's no one's business. It's in your own heart to know whether or not you're staying the course that you need at the time.

For mine, I need to make it open, and share it with someone - anyone - and I'm not even sure why. I don't need approval, or someone to check on me. It's just part of it, somehow.
Gazel said:
These rules seem okay to me. But maybe the "official" ending of this exercise should be added also? Was it for three or six months i.e. until the autumnal equinox?
Yes - that is, your autumn eq. :laugh: We're starting on mine! :D It's a purely arbitrary figure, for the sake of unity. If someone personally wants to only do it for a month, then that's fine. I based the three months around the idea of 78 days. That works out to just under three months, and since the eq. is coming up, I thought it would be nice to tie it in with the Sabbats and rhythms of the Earth and Sun. This is a message that comes through broadly in the deck I'm going to be using - the Wheel of Change - so I admit to being a bit selfish there. If anyone has a better suggestion, please bring it forward :).

I'm at work and should stop skiving, so see you all later :D!

\m/ Kat

faunabay

thorhammer said:
faunabay and autumnsdaughter, and those others expressing a desire to follow a sort of parallel course, good on you! But it's not like anyone's keeping a list or a roll call or anything - it's not Big Brother! :D What Umbrae said about the rest of the participants not knowing if you've "sinned" is exactly right. And it's no one's business. It's in your own heart to know whether or not you're staying the course that you need at the time.
I'd like to see any of you try to see whether I'm doing it "right" or not!!! ROFLMAO!!! Actually do try please!! Come Visit!! I'd love some company!! :laugh:

Star-Willow

thorhammer said:
For mine, I need to make it open, and share it with someone - anyone - and I'm not even sure why. I don't need approval, or someone to check on me. It's just part of it, somehow.

I'll just add, for me it's a motivator and it's giving me a commitment..... I know I need and will use this type of environment to help me stick it out and study my chosen deck :)

If I don't stick it out, I give Kat the permission to *virtual slap* me, all the way from her side of Oz to mine :laugh: :p

Little Hare

Holy moly

Can't believe i didn't see this thread until now :bugeyed: